Wanted Better jawline/no jowls - went back and added chin liposuction after nerves calmed - Tucson, AZ

I need a highly-skilled doctor to do this job as I...

I need a highly-skilled doctor to do this job as I do a lot of public speaking. I wanted to get rid of jowls, help some facial scaring and lift my heavy face. I was very picky about my surgeon and came to the USA because of the lack of regulation in Europe as many general doctors are performing plastic surgery with disastrous results. I saw a doctors in London and New York too, but I chose Dr Maloney as I was impressed with his natural results online and in his office. He is board certified and trained at Harvard. An added plus was the fact I got a mini vacation in Tucson - recovering in the sunshine and beautiful desert made this process, which is scary, more enjoyable!

more photos

I had absolutely no bruising, except for on my neck. I chose not to have the neck lift procedure that some lifts incorporate.

Better definition - subtle is the key

Painless procedure but....

I would say the aftermath was not a walk in the park. The first night was pretty difficult for me - I had to take pain medication that was prescribed. However, I went for my check up today, or three days later, and the office couldn't believe how good I looked. SO, while you might look good outside you definitely feel deflated inside. I had a no salt diet for a month before because I swell and although I am thin I have a chubby face.

Doctor for all my ageing concerns - next is laser!

Also, I should I am an American living in Paris, and I wanted to find a doctor to help me as I age and Dr Maloney will be around for this! This was very important in my selection process. Many doctors are too old or too young and too inexperienced, but I found a doctor with just right amount of experience and an appropriate age. On the Euro or Pound, his prices are very favourable. Next, I plan on doing an extensive skin resurfacing to fight wrinkles. I like knowing I have a doctor for my concerns, rather than going from one doctor to the next.

Added Chin Lipo today

So I added chin lips today!!! I regret not doing it the first time around with the mini lift, but I almost chickened out of the mini lift the first time around. Remember, I originally booked for a facelift/necklift, so my nerves combined with jet lag and fears of looking like Joan Rivers, Kim Kardashian etc etc, almost made me get on the first plane back home.. However, my recovery from the mini lift was super easy, except for the first night, which was very challenging for me, so I went back for chin lips today. My mother has a lot of chin fat/laxity, so I know that will happen to me - that stuff is hereditary. ANYWAYS, II did it today and it was literally over in 15 minutes. I felt nothing. I mean nothing! I had no drugs just the numbing injections. My advice for anyone coming from overseas or even New York, Seattle etc etc is give yourself a few days to rest properly as nerves and fatigue from travel can dampen your spirits, and you could end up back in the surgery twice in one week, when the procedure could have been done once. However, he told understood. Dr Maloney's nurse, Susan I believe, is super sweet and made me a coffee when i was done - that is how easy the procedure is.
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Dr Maloney is super kind and listened to everything I said and I said A LOT. Bedside manner is important but so is skill - you ideally want both. I would take a rude doctor any day if he/she was super good, rather than the other way around, but Dr Maloney is both - you could have Dr Maloney over for dinner with the family as he is very pleasant! I originally wanted a full facelift/necklift but due to jet lag and nerves I chickened out and downgraded to a mini lift and he was fine with that. His staff is amazing and super good with emails and communications. I consulted with several doctors in Europe and in the USA before choosing him. Also, the currency exchange makes Dr Maloney's prices very favourable for any European! In addition, I like that that he is at an age where he will be around to treat me for all my future ageing concerns.