Why Keep Saying Maybe Someday - Tucson, AZ

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

A TT was always something others did but after my...

A TT was always something others did but after my husband and I talked before Christmas we decided why not go for it. I'm so happy already - 8 days PO. I have some cabin fever and can't wait to start running and yoga again but for now I'm walking slowly and smelling the orange blossoms. I can almost stand fully upright and just have some pulling along the incision. On 3/24 I get the remaining drain out. I've been pretty diligent about my compression garment and just ordered two to try for when I return to work in about a week and a half.
I have NO regrets. I'm so glad I chose to do this for myself and that I've had my husband around to help with everything, including the gross stuff, and my fourteen year old daughter to grudgingly clean the house. ;-)

2 weeks later

I can't believe it's been two weeks today since my surgery. I had my left drain removed on 3/17 an appointment yesterday but the doc decided to leave the right one in for another week. He thinks it's looking great and so do I except for the horrible red rash. Turns out I must have an allergy to the surgical adhesives. I've been dosing myself with Benadryl and hydrocortisone creams as well as using Aveeno moisturizer. Man, I handled the pain without a single pain pill but I wanted to peel my skin off the end of last week. Around the incision site and the lipo sites it's getting better but still red. It's only spread a bit but holy cow- what a second week.

I'm walking everyday and did 2.5 mi today. I have enjoyed the slower pace and truly stopping to smell the orange blossoms but I can't wait to get back to running and Zumba and yoga classes. BUT I am being good and keeping everything slow and easy until a few more weeks have passed.

So aside from the rash I'm doing well and am on the mend. I'll wait until the rash clears up heifer posting more pics - they may scare off people. ;-)

So pleased!

Tomorrow is 20 days PO and I have a follow up appointment. My second drain will be removed and I can't wait. I continue to walk nearly everyday and try to increase my pace a little. The awful allergic reaction appears to have worked its way out and I'm feeling better. My stamina is the only thing lagging a bit, that and making sure I walk upright and not hunched. I've added some photos. These are 17 days PO in the same outfit as the photos from the day before surgery! And my doctor says my stomach and silhouette will continue to improve as there's still swelling. I'm so happy now I don't know how I'll feel when I'm "finished."
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
4 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
4 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful