Will I Look Like Myself? - Tucson, AZ

At age 40, I've never really had eyelids, but the...

At age 40, I've never really had eyelids, but the deterioration of collagen has made the task of seeing difficult. I was raising my eyebrows all the time just to see. I have deep forehead lines as a result. The final straw was when I was cycling and literally could not see the road through my sagging eyelids. I'm slightly worried that the lids I have now are a bit much for a face that never had lids. I'll update as I heal.

Before/after one week (stitches out)

What have I done? Eek feeling worried.

Day 9

I just want to wear makeup. Doc says not allowed till weds. Still hoping for some shrinkage of lids.

Day 10, no make-up

My kids keep telling me to put my sunglasses back on.

Helpful post surgery tips for minimal swelling

Apparently I'm healing quickly. I have two things I did very well that may have contributed to this. The day before surgery I began eating pineapple. I ate an entire pineapple. It took all day, but I did it. I continued to eat pineapple pretty regularly for about a week after. I skipped days three and four and had horrible yellow bruising under my eyes on day five. I ate a pineapple and it was much improved by day six. So I'm now a complete believer. The second thing I did was immediately following surgery I iced each eye sitting upright for twenty minutes an eye with my head supported by one of those travel pillows. I slept semi-upright with the travel pillow and an ice pack on my face for the first two nights (see photo) Thank goodness for valium, because it would have been impossible to sleep without it.

3 weeks out. End of day makeup.

My son just texted me a random photo of myself before surgery, and I can say WITHOUT A DOUBT that with makeup I look much MUCH better. Without makeup I still look like a gremlin who has been fed after midnight, but I have hope. I look good with a little paint. ???????? if you are on the fence I say do it!
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Maloney is the guy to see in Tucson. I feel like he was the best option for me.