25 Year Old Starting my Career, No Kids, and Happily Married. Tucson, AZ

My story is not much different than most. I'm ...

My story is not much different than most. I'm relatively fit in mid twenties and starting my career. I've been happily married to my best friend since I was 18 and he's adamant that I'm perfect as is. I've done my best to share with him how I feel this will improve my self confidence and pride of my body and he's aware it's something I've wanted for a very long time. To be honest, he was surprised to have me explain that Im uncomfortable in my skin at all which must mean I put on a darn good show. I am nervous for people to know I've had a BA and what will be thought of me but not so concerned that I will let it stop me. I'm ready to do this, I have the means, and I can finally talk openly about it with my wonderful hubs. Dr. Nelson was the first doc I scheduled a consultation with. Of the 3 docs I contacted, they were the quickest to respond and easiest to schedule. I have a hectic schedule that only lines up with my husband's a few days so I was very appreciative of their willingness to accommodate a later appointment. We arrived quite a bit early and we're seen within 10 mind of checking in. Dr. Nelson was straight forward, answered all questions and concerns and made my husband feel more comfortable with the procedure. I researched him prior to this visit so I know he does good work and has extensive experience so part of our consult was to see that he fit what we wanted and to try on sizers. He is very knowledgeable and up on current research which is important to me. If I had to choose today, I would go with him for my BA. My husband even said to cancel our next appt and just book with Dr. Nelson. Albeit very tempting, I am uncomfortable deciding after only talking to one doc so for the sake of being more thorough I am still going to my other consult which is sadly 2 weeks away. Very eager to get this show on the road. Hopefully, my next update, I can report back that my BA is schedule for June!

My starting point

Here's a few pictures of me currently. I'm short at 5'1 with some extra poundage (125lbs). I'm working on shedding some weight by my goal date of surgery (late May or early June) but I'm also relatively happy with my body. I realize I'm thick but I don't hate my body, I have just come to understand I'll have more pride in it the better I care for it so back to eating better and exercising more regularly. I've recently graduated and was working full time in addition to heavy class loads so I finally have time and less stress to work on these things. So far I'm down 5 lbs in about 2 weeks so I'm happy with that. My first consult we selected 375ccs for me and i'm still going back and forth if I think that will look too big or not big enough. I'm worried for the boob greed and/or regret of too big. My first PS consult didn't go over cup sizes or ask for goal/expectation size (Yes I know to ask for a cup size is unreliable) but he guessed the cc size prior to me selecting it from trying on sizers so I figure that's a good sign. I'm also going to include some "wish boobs" but I find I love boobs that I think would be too big for what I want so its been difficult to choose. While I love that super side boob look on most girls, I'm concerned it will be too big than I would want for my body. This whole process I've told myself I want a natural C and not much larger because I'll look ridiculous since Im so short. I'm rather indecisive in most things anyway (never ask me to pick a place for lunch!) so it's been hard!
This community seems to be so wonderful at support and feedback so please feel free to let me know your opinion! Honesty is appreciated! Next consult with second PS is feb 16th which feels sooooooooo far away. I'm so anxious! Is 2 consults enough to decide? Do I need a third? Originally, hubby and I said we would go see 3 but he liked the first one enough to end it there. What do you all think? Part of me thinks the more consults the better but the other half says I've done my research, picked two of the best in town and just wants to get a date locked down.... hmmm..
* Btw sizers in my pics are 1 3/4 cup rice. I forgot how many cc's that is. -_-

Rice Sizers

I just realized that my 1 3/4 cup rice sizers are actually about ~420cc (per realself video) and I've been happy with how they look in my sports bra. Given that I've been discussing 375cc's with my doc, i'm wondering if I'll feel they are too small? Ahhhh. I wish there was a way of seeing the future results better!

In between consults- getting antsy waiting!

6 days til my next consult and I'm getting nervous and doubtful. Still questioning if I've picked the right size (375ccs). Which is silly I know, since I haven't even decided on a doc yet. Currently, I feel like I may be going too big but I've been going back and forth day to day so who knows how ill feel tomorrow. It's like I'm boob bipolar.
I've been working out more to keep my mind off of it and pass the time when i'm home. Hoping to shed about 15 lbs in the next few months and planning to do one of those fun 5Ks with some friends in a few weeks.
I've been thinking about the first doctor I met with and how he never mentioned anything about profile of the implant (mod +, HP, etc) and I wish he would have reviewed the decision process and surgery process more. I'll probably email his front desk lady (sorry forgot her name and title!) to get some of my questions answered. I definitely liked that doc, i'm just super type A and like to know everything about everything. I'm hoping my next consult is a little more thorough and can help answer some more questions about finding the right size for me.
Also, my husband and I both have science degrees so research supporting any kind of claim is important to us. We both spent part of today trying to find valid peer reviewed studies on the effects/benefits of Arnica Montana and it just doesn't exist. In a nutshell, there is no conclusive evidence it makes a difference but because there is also no research to any negative side effects so it is acceptable to take for the heck of it in the hopes it does help. Meh, I'll pass. I bought a pack of 3 bottles of the oral arnica montana (diluted 30x) but i'm planning on returning them this week. I'll stick with getting my nutrients in via diet.
I've also been going a little overboard searching high and low for every front closure sports bra and have got a few added to my collection (How many is good enough?). I would love if one of you darling ladies could post how long you are generally in a sports bra post op. What's the bra timeline like? e.g. when and how long do you do sports vs wired vs push up? ugghhhhh ready to book a date.

On a slightly separate note, i'm so glad I found this community. I never thought I would be posting about my experience but it's almost therapeutic. YOU ALL are keeping me sane through this! It's wonderful being able to hear what others are going through physically and emotionally. I tried to add some more wish boobs but for some reason Realself isn't loading them so I'll save for another update. 6 days til my next consult and I'm getting nervous and doubtful. Still questioning if I've picked the right size (375ccs). Currently, I feel like I may be going too big but I've been going back and forth day to day so who knows how ill feel tomorrow. It's like I'm boob bipolar.

A decision has been made!

So yesterday I spent over an hour waiting on a PS who is touted to be one of the best in our area. He was fine, answered my questions, provided knowledgeable answers, and had friendly staff. On the ride home my husband and I were discussing our experiences, impressions, likes/dislikes, etc. and we both separately came up with Dr. Nelson as our top choice. He was direct, he focused his care and attention to me and the specifics of my body when answering questions (not just facts about the products) and responded with research or explanations of errors in research when applicable, which is very important to me. I have a long week of work with longer hours than usual which is making me antsy because I just want to nail down my date. I sent an email to their office and I'm super excited to hear back!
The second choice PS suggested 400-425 ccs and in my consult with Dr. Nelson we selected 375ccs (Mod+) so now I just have to decide which would be best. I'm leaning toward the decision made with Dr. Nelson as I can always go bigger once the implants need replacing and post children. I went into this process wanting a natural C look so I'm trying not to let the boob greed that's developed as a result of all the wonderful looking but large boob jobs on here fog my decision. Taa taa for now :) Hopefully I will have a date set and a specific month to look forward to by my next update!

My date is set!

I hadn't heard back from Darcy (the coordinator at my PS office) in 2 days after sending her my email and knowing she usually responds in

Counting down

80 days and counting! So I just realized this week that my last post didn't fully upload and that's super annoying. I've seen it on other RS members reviews so I guess eventually I was going to experience it too. In short, I said I was able to get the date I wanted and Dr. Nelson honored a deal we talked about during my initial consult! I was ecstatic to write it into my planner. We booked my pre op appt ~3 weeks prior and I requested to meet with Dr. Nelson again on that day. I guess if you don't need to, you just meet with Darcy and she goes over all the details.
So every day that I think about my pending surgery I feel sooo happy with my PS choices which is great however I'm still very torn about my size preference. I went from weighing between 375 and 400-425 to now thinking about 350 and even 325. I feel better knowing you other ladies struggle with uncertainty leading up to the big day as well so I'm hoping to go over my expectations with Dr. Nelson at my pre-op and trust in his beautiful handiwork and many years of experience.
I also did some research into Sientra and think I will request them due to their CC warranty. I did notice when feeling the Sientra vs Mentor that mentor was more fluid/less firm. Would that mean more like breast tissue/softer feel? Has anyone asked about this before?
Also, I emailed Darcy a question about being able to get back to class post-op and haven't heard back. She's super busy so I understand as it was not a critical thing. My surgery is scheduled for May 28th and I'm supposed to start a summer class May 26th. I would be out of class the day of surg then i have 3 off days before the next class (which would be post-op day 4). Since my husband will be in class with me to drive and carry all my supplies, I'm wondering if I can safely return to class that day or the next? I'd love to hear how you ladies felt on your post-op day 4s!
Until next time, Tataa for now ;)

Surgery month!

Just celebrated 7yr wedding anni with my wonderful hubs. Last week my PS office called with updates and to be honest they kind of freaked me out. I knew the coordinator I had been dealing with, Darcy, was leaving (I had been emailing her questions so she informed me recently) so her replacement gave me a call. She introduced herself then asked if I was still interested in doing the surgery which kind of put me off since I'm scheduled for about 4 weeks from now. I said "yes, don't I have my date reserved already?" she replies "yes but you know some people think they want it then decide they don't". Well, if I wasn't pretty comfortable and ready to do this surgery that might have made me cancel. I was also starting to feel uneasy about the change in my coordinator. I continue with our call and answering some other seemingly redundant questions then she asks if I would like to schedule my pre op and post op. Uh I already did schedule my pre-op? So now I'm worried the time I had asked for wasn't reserved. I am bringing a friend with me to the appt to help me with trying on sizers so I can have a second opinion/reassurance on the size I chose and if it needed to be moved I don't know that she could make it because of her work schedule. I explain I had scheduled it the same day I scheduled my surg day and she says " oh ok I didn't look". Um hello, shouldn't you know these things before you ask? Anyway, things get settled, I get some other questions in about how the pre-op appt will work and what I need for payment and she emails me a new quote with a modest discount for paying in full with a cashiers check which I had wanted to do any way so that was nice. She's new so I kind of understand, I for a half second thought of switching to the other PS I consulted with but I really really like Dr. Nelson, I trust his expertise, and I feel like I'm in safe hands so I realized I really don't want to lose that. So oh well, the PS is obviously the most important aspect to consider.
On a different note, I'm obsessing over my phone's countdown to pre-op and sure date! So ready and excited :) Joined the may BA girls group on here and the first of the group was done on the 1st. Now to get through these work projects, a short vacation out of state, and back in time to clean and prep for the big day!!!
Currently I'm ready with hot packs, ice packs, lots of pillows, bromelain, arnica montana, a 1 gallon water bottle/container, and 3 zip up sports bras. I don't have a zip up top and I'm in a very very hot climate so a sweater is not a good option. Will look into my options in a week or two. Question for those of you post op- if you were nervous about your size, did you bring you doctor photos of what is too big and/or what would be too small? I am considering bring him pics of what I want to aim for (I know it can't be predicted accurately but as a ball park) and what I would like to avoid (going too big mainly) but I don't want to be that one super crazy patient for him. Next post should be my post op update!!

cue the anxiety...

Surgery in the morning... how does anyone sleep the night before! My gosh. I'm a high anxiety person so right now it's kicked up to full gear. Took my shower with anti bacterial soap (Dial) and washed the hair. Clothes complete with front zip sports bra and front clasp tank ready to go for the morning. All my meds are organized next to my big comfy chair for my post op arrival and i created a med schedule for the hubby in case im not very alert tomorrow. Supposed to be the first lucky lady of the day Tomorrow!! Ready to get this show on the road ;) can't wait to update you all "on the other side!" Tata for now (pun indended.duh!) :P

My complicated first attempt

So this update is going to summarize the stress, disappointment, and frustration of what followed after I was taken to the OR on my original post op date then I will write another update for the second go :)
I got to my surgery center early (I hate to be late!) and they ended up not even being open yet so my husband and I walked laps around the parking lot to help settle my nerves. When we got in, they checked me in, got me registered, paid my facility fees and in no time was in the back being asked to pee in a cup and get into my birthday suit and gowned. My anesthesiologist came to meet with me and discuss how things go on her end. She was so sweet and I expressed with her my fears of losing control when I go under and the shock of feeling like I am suddenly waking up. She reassured me she would go slow and I would feel relaxed. My PS Dr. Nelson then came, did his drawings and answered my hubby's questions about time. Dr. Nelson also reassured me that the surgery itself is simple and relatively quick. I say goodbye to my hubs and the wheel me to the OR. The anesthesiologist started me on versed which is supposed to help calm and mildly sedate you but you are still somewhat alert enough to follow commands. I remember her talking to me and asking me to take deep breaths of oxygen. Then nothing. Then I wake up in an ambulance with my anesthesiologist explaining to me that I stopped breathing. They attempted to do various things including intubate me but could not get the tube down because my chest had locked out. Thankfully I responded to epinephrine and so they obviously stopped the procedure and were sending me to the OR to have a brain scan and make sure my brain was ok (it was- I was without oxygen for about 4 minutes she said). This was all scary so you can imagine i was in tears, panicky, and calling for my husband who my PS had immediately called to come back (he stepped out to go to starbucks). What I find slightly humorous now is while in the hospital I kept asking if we could try the surgery again later that day. I think the anesthesia was making me not process the events as clearly as I should have lol. Priorities! lol. Anywhoo... I get discharged home but had pretty bad swelling on the side of my neck and difficulty swallowing which continued to get worse. I had been without food all day and all day the next day while waiting for a 4pm appt with an ENT doc to check out my throat. When I went to that appt, he did a scope and found I was pooling my secretions (saliva) and due to the fact I had not had any food or fluids for 2 days because of my inability to swallow, he said he could not allow me to go home and wanted to directly admit me to the hospital. I HATE being in the hospital. I had cancer as a child and just hate the feeling of being a patient even though I work in hospitals but I knew he was right. When I got processed through the ER, the doc there had another doctor come consult who remember me from when I worked there (at first I was embarrassed but then I realized every one was SUPER on top of everything I needed so I felt VIP) and they decided the ICU was the safest place because of concern of swelling impacting my airway. So a night in the ICU it was. This is the end of the exciting part. I was moved to a normal floor the next day and stayed for 2 more days while they waited to get me into have a swallow eval with contrast to determine if my esophagus had been perforated which would mean I could not eat without risk of infection. Thankfully, no leak and I was able to go home. I'm a dietitian so I was able to self advance my diet as tolerated. I rescheduled an appointment to talk with my PS and we he decided if I were to try again, he would want it at a hospital setting (versus outpatient surgical center which is where we were) so that IF anything happened we would have full resources available. My PS is seriously the best. I truly feel like he care about what happened, he gave me a big hug when I came in to chat with him after all this, and explained everything he was thinking to try and reduce any risks again. The main problem with what happened was that I am a healthy 25year old and had no reason to have reacted that way and stop breathing so I caught everyone by surprise. And I would like to note I have a fusion in my neck and I am quite small which made it very difficult for gliding a tube down when they attempted to intubate me so I was just a challenging case. Going into the next scheduled surgery (June 11th) I talked with my first anesthesiologist who had gotten my medical records and recommendations from my ENT and previous anesthesia records and was coming up with all the plans to ensure a safe second go. Now they had a lot more information so I may have been stubborn for wanting to go through with it after that but I did feel I was in good hand of people who cared. I know this post is kind of long so I'm going to write a separate update for the good stuff!!! I want to thank all you ladies, especially those on my May group board who sent me support. I was feeling stressed and down and It was nice to have some cheerleaders wishing me well! :)

FINALLY on "the other side"

So surgery was yesterday. I was hesitant to update going in because of what happened last time (may 28th was original date). Basically, I get there, check in and register, and get into my pre-op room for all the prep. For the ladies not sure what to expect, they generally have you pee in a cup to make sure you are not pregnant, unless you have had a hysterectomy. Then you strip down to nada, put on you hospital gown and socks, get an IV going, blood pressure cuff, and wait for your PS and anesthesiologist to come chat with you. This round, I was at a hospital in their outpatient surgery wing and they had these cool antibacterial cloths that you wipe your whole body down with. I love being extra sterile knowing I'm about to be opened up so I liked that (they didn't have it at the surgery center I went to in attempt 1). *note if your facility will use these- DONT SHAVE. It itches like CRAZY.
So I get hooked up to my machines and IV and the anesthesiologist comes in. I had talked with my previous anesthesiologist on the phone the night before and she explained their plan they had reviewed, talked to me about the doc I would be having, and answered a slew of my questions. I wanted to feel prepared! I was quite nauseous from being nervous that night. So anyway he explains his plan (just like I did the night before with my first doc) and goes into more detail. I ask more questions then he leaves to go prepare the goods. I'm having a special route to sedate me which involves using a broncoscope through my nose that will piggyback the breathing tube which they will slide in place while I am still alert and breathing on my own (to summarize). Another anesthesiologist comes in to introduce himself and briefly chats, asked the nurse where we are with prep then leaves. Then Dr. Nelson comes in, does his drawings again. The most comforting part of going through this again is I know I have a great PS. The going under part is what I have the most anxiety about. After he leaves a THIRD anesthesiologist comes to introduce himself and says he will be helping out. Wow, I get a whole team! I am starting to calm down because I feel like I will have everyone on their game making sure I stay safe. Then the whole nose prep starts and i'm going to keep it brief but to put it lightly, one of the most uncomfortable experiences in my life. Once I get to the OR and they are increasing the size to make sure the breathing tube will fit, I am experiencing pain worse than I can recall. I was supposed to be mostly out of it and not able to remember but I don't think I had enough of that med because unfortunately I can recall all of it. I remember having a hand to hold a squeeze and I'm pretty sure it was my PS. Thank god I'm not strong enough to have damaged his hands!!!! I feel like I was squeezing pretty hard. I remember crying and groaning. They get the tube in and I remember them being calmer sounding (I believe all 3 anesthesia docs working together to get it in) and then saying "ok were putting you out now..." "ok good night".
I wake up and I feel great :) I see the bandages on my chest and I know it was done! HIP HIP! a couple of the anesthesiologist come into the post op area to check on me and I'm pretty alert and chatting with them. One asked if I remember anything and I think he was disappointed when I said I remembered it all. It is what it is though. We are all going to have moments of pain in our lives and we get through them then we move on :) My nurse was even telling me she was impressed with how alert and awake I was! I didn't even feel fuzzy or tired! My best friend was the one taking me home since my hubby had work commitments that day and it was a fun ride home. She stopped to pick me up my favorite starbucks drink ( my mouth was crazy dry from a med they gave for intubating) and we chatted and sang songs all the way home. She then stayed with me all day (9am-9pm) until my husband got home and we watched movies, tv shows, had heart to hearts, watched her prepare my meals (she's also a chef so that was awesome having a private chef for a day) and helped me open and take all my meds. She's so awesome. I didn't do any lifting other than my mug of tea and have tried to take it easy. The first 12hours were the most painful even with my pain meds. I am now day 2 and feeling better, just really tight and sore. Getting into bed was too painful (we have a large/tall king bed) so I opted to sleep on my comfy couch with my pillows which was perfect. My husband said he missed me in bed and was worried I might need something so he slept on the floor half the night then on our loveseat the other half. How lucky am I :) I'm pretty sure at least a 12 inches of his legs dangle off that loveseat lol. Tonight I will try and convince him to take the big couch and let me sleep in the "my size" couch :) Pain is tolerable, I'm eating fine, no nausea, just discomfort when moving around and having to pull my pants up after I go to the restroom. Will update with pics and more soon :)

Post op pictures

These were taken on Saturday following my Thursday surgery once I was cleared to shower! Yay showering was amazing.
I wasn't really sure how to take the pics or at what angles so I just took a bunch. Mainly I wanted enough so I could compare changes once they start settling.

Posted too fast!

I keep hitting the update button before I mean to

Sorry for any repeats! They are not well organized on my phone.

Day 4 update

I have an evening class tonight (unfortunately it's an exam) so I can't miss it. Luckily my energy feels good, pain is low, and I don't really have any concerns about going. I took some pain meds before bed last night but I think thats the last of it. My husband is taking this class with me so he will be driving and carrying my book bag so even better. I iced my chest all night, even got up in the middle of the night to change ice bags and woke up feeling less swollen with no morning boob! Success! I took just a couple pictures for progress monitoring so I'll post a comparison between post op day 2 and day 3 (I haven't gotten around to pictures today). It's neat to see how in 1 day they have already started to smooth out a bit. Other than that, I feel my healing has been going great, thank goodness. I have been juicing vegetables daily- focusing on vitamins C, K, and zinc (my method over taking a multivitamin as the juice is more bioavailable), taking bromelain and arginine, and making sure to meet my protein needs (I'm a dietitian so I calculated my needs with consideration of wound healing) and each day feels markedly better. I'm excited for my post op appt tomorrow to show my PS how great I've been recovering :) Hoping all you lovelies are also healing well!

On the mend

1 week PO! Healing really well :) Thank goodness! Had my 5 day post op on Tuesday. Got a lot of questions in and more explanations on what to expect in the next few weeks. PS says I can start some mild exercise around 2 weeks since i'm feeling so great. I was reading yesterday on RS about starting too early and damaging the pockets your implants are in as the pockets aren't healed until 3 weeks. It was from a RS user not a doctor. Does anyone know if this is true? I really don't want to ruin my investment just to get a jog in.
Decided to try a regular sports bra on yesterday (slipped it up from the bottom) and I loved the look. I wanted to add, I have been rotating zip up sports bras- 1 under armour, 1 from amazon, and the commonly purchased one from walmart. The walmart one is cute and definitely cheap but does not offer a lot of support, it is super stretch which is comfortable for lounging but my PS said to wear items that were very supportive, i don't expect I will wear this to work out in the future, and the zipper... oh the zipper. SUCH A PAIN! It never wants to zip up! It does, eventually, it just takes a good 2 mins to try and work the thing up and I feel it causes me to strain my pec in that movement. I've even been having my husband do it for me recently or avoided wearing it. I tend to wear my less supportive stuff at night when I sleep with "the band" and then my nice and snug sports bras during the day since i'm up an moving.
PS also instructed me on the massages which I just do when I remember too. They are uncomfortable while doing but I find they actually relieve some soreness when i'm done. I relate it to stretching out sore calves and feeling better after. I'll try to update next week. Waiting for these girls to settle down more. I am more active with my right side so my right boob has been more sore and sensitive but my left boob is an angel. Doesn't hurt, is dropping well, just being a good example for righty.

Feeling great!

The downside to feeling so great is that I am probably a bit more active than I should be which causes me to be sharply reminded "hey don't do that" by my right angry boob. Ugh. Ive never sat still in my life, I'm type A and always multi tasking so this "relaxing" I'm supposed to be doing is actually giving me anxiety. I want to protect my investment so I am trying to be aware as much as possible. Attached are some updated pics this morning in a less supportive bra and my strap. I've noticed when wearing the strap my left aka good boob has this nice crease where the incision perfectly sits and the pressure cause the implant to form a nice underboob for lack of a better descriptive word. However angry boob side appears to have the implant progressing under and a teeny tiny bit below the incision. Now I know nobody is symmetric and my doc didn't use a measuring tape but the anxiety angel on my shoulder tells me I'm pushing it down too far and it's my fault for putting the band on too tight. Also, I've found some flat edges on the inside of my right breast and along the outer lower edge which had me concerned but I heard from other recent BA gals that it resolves later on and I just need to keep letting them settle. Either way, I've loosened the band and I'm trying to avoid looking at my boobs for flaws and seeing them as the beautiful gift I've been wanting for years. Would love to hear if anyone has similar experiences :)
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

I have a highly variable and rather inflexible schedule yet Dr. Nelson's staff kindly accommodated me. They were timely in responding to my request for a consult (submitted online via his website) and were very quick to check me in to see the doc on they day of my appt. I decided to make a tea from their waiting room Keurig and she called me back before it finished brewing! They explained the consult process right off the bat and the doctor reviewed my questionaire, history, and familiarity of the procedure with us. He was very willing to field all our questions mostly basic and some questions we had just out of curiosity. He was direct and honest and I appreciate that immensely. He doesn't sugar coat and will let you know what your best options are and will explain his reasonings with either studies or experience. I came to him with some ideas from online researching and he explained why certain things were not a good idea or were inaccurate. He's the expert so I'm happy to have him inform me of what's best for MY body. I work in the health field and am all about individualized care! He spent quite some time with my husband and I, took photos and measurements, and walked through his big picture book of BAs (I saw a realself member I recognized following!) and explained the differences in results etc. Afterwards, another member of his staff came help me try on sizers and also amswered questions I had. Once a decision was made we headed out to receive a hard copy quote and review the payment and scheduling process. Overall, I'm very excited to go with him as my PS and would highly recommend a consultation with him if your interested in a BA :) Now that I'm post op I am 110% happy with Dr. Nelson and the care he provided. He is an excellent surgeon and was so great despite me having complications during our first attempt at surgery. On our second attempt I experienced quite a bit of pain with intubation and he held my hand while I went through it and called later in the day to check in on me. He is a great guy, an artist in more ways than 1 (literally, he has his own art displayed in his office), and is extremely experienced and knowledgable about the field. If you are in Tucson, don't be fooled by the expensive marketing or packets you get from other PS office trying to sell you on the doc. Dr. Nelson's office is nice, honest, great staff, and he doesn't bombard you with handouts and pamphlets trying to convince you that this doc is the best as I found when I went to other consults. My only qualm is his new scheduling person ( I started my experience with Darcy who was awesome but left shortly after), she seems a bit inexperienced and when I ask her questions she doesn't really answer what I asked. The rest of his staff though were awesome so I learned to ask them instead. Dr. Nelson's work and his patients can attest to his skill and competency. So happy to have found him!