Disappointed I'll Need a 2nd Treatment - Trumbull, CT

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I decided to pursue MiraDry and suffering years of...

I decided to pursue MiraDry and suffering years of excessive sweating. I am in a very public profession and honestly sick of always wearing black. The sweating was not constant, but enough where I felt like it impacted my confidence in certain environments. I've tried drysol, as well as one session of Botox to deal with my issue. I was very excited to hear about MiraDry and found a local plastic surgeon's office that performed the procedure. I had a consultation and heard all the wonderful results (70% reduction in hair, zero odor and sweating) patients had experienced and was quickly convinced
I had the procedure done on 1/9/17. The office was very accommodating and the nurse that performed the MiraDry was wonderful, explained everything and consistently checked in to be sure I was comfortable. The actual procedure was not that painful. The numbing shots were really a pinch and the MiraDry machine felt like a mild suction cup. I made the forty minute drive home with ice packs under my arms. I took Motrin in the office and repeated six hours later. I was slightly uncomfortable that evening but it was expected. My armpits were swollen and bruised but my arms etc were fine. The procedure was done on a Monday and Wednesday I returned to week. Saturday I resumed exercise. Immediately after the procedure I felt the sweating had ceased, however when I resumed exercise I noticed I felt slightly damp. There was not enough to leave a mark, but I felt it. Unfortunately today (11 days after) during a meeting I felt somewhat sweaty. I slipped out to the bathroom and noticed these sweat marks. ????(Picture) I plan on calling the doctor on Monday to discuss my next options. I also did not clarify what "level" the first procedure was done at. In hindsight I should have asked. I'm confident the wonderful staff at the doctor's office will advise me appropriately. It looks like I'm in the 20% that will require a second procedure.

I had a wonderful experience with Ariela in Dr Jandali's office. She was very thorough during my consultation and continued this high level of attention during the procedure. She has a warm demeanor that is very calming and compassionate.