42, Trying To Get Pregnant. Hope the Sleeve Gastrectomy Will Help. - Trenton, NJ

I am 42 and a mother of 1. I have been trying to...

I am 42 and a mother of 1. I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 years, done all fertility tests and the doctors said myself and husband are fine. But my doctor said I should try and lose weight - I weigh 276lbs and 5"10 in height. I am considering the surgery maybe this will help. I tried losing weight - I lost 18lbs and packed it back on again so am just so frustrated each day. Am ideas on the surgery for pregnancy sake. Also since I do not have any health issues - am scared I might not qualify. Am help on this. Or I might be forced to finance the surgery (desperate me) but I need all ideas ladies.

Made a bold move and registered for Surgery qualification

Having read everyones reviews and I must say this is a very nice and helpful, encouraging website. I contacted Mexico Bariatric center and I took the qualification test and I qualified - I answered the questions sincerely. After I go a response that I qualified and all I need is to pick a date to do the surgery. All of a sudden am scared and the what ifs are killing me. I need more encouragement. But will keep everyone posted.

Finally going to get the Sleeve done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am happy about this decision but I really must say this is the best forum online. I have read most peoples reviews but couple of reviews really gave me so much courage and so I decided to go ahead with the surgery. I am scheduled with Dy Ramos Kelly - Jan 23 - yes I scheduled it and to even make sure no turning back - I have also booked my flight.

I like Dr Kellys reviews and I must say the medical insurance he tells you to get just gave me this confidence I was wishing for. I will be starting the Pre op diet tomorrow - knock on wood I will stick to it. I am planing to just do protein shakes for 2 weeks - I hope I can but I will keep you posted and thanks for this forum and sharing your experiences - it has really helped me.

Day 1 of my Pre Op

I started the Pre op this morning and am hoping to pull this through with. I have scheduled for 23rd, bought my ticket, got the required insurance and I have done the cahsiers check. So I am ready. I just want to get it over and done with.

I am getting sleeved on the 23rd of January in Mexico - I was thinking I should write a will, so I started writing it but I then thought to myself that if I was having the surgery in the States would I think of this. For those that did the sleeve in Mexico, did you write a will or am I just crazy scared.......

4 Days to my new me!!!

I am still on track with the pre op but I must say it has been so hard so far but funny enough - today is day 11 and I only drank lots of water today. I was not even hungry at all. My husband has to remind me that I havent eaten. It has been nice but wow.....am so anxious. I will keep you all posted.

done. yayy!!!!

I boarded the plane in the morning and was not nervous till I was picked at the airport by Cecil - wonderful woman. Pretty. I met 2 patients Dr Kelly had done the sleeve on and the things they said really made me relax a bit. Got to the MI Doctor hospital and it wasn't bad at all. Very clean

Got to my room. Got an IV in and waited for Dr Kelly.  I finally met him and he sensed I was nervous. He spoke to and said I shouldn't worry. Got into the procedure room, all I r emember is waking up to some p as in. They gave me pain killers and I slept till morning.  I have been walking but the nausea is the problem.  But apart from this am good. Not hungry at all.
Will I recommend doctor kelly,  yes 100%. Very caring and professional.  He does only 4-5 less surgeries per day. Do treat you like a family.
They hospital was ok. Very clean. Dr Kelly came to see me everyday. I even had a room to myself. Made new friends too.

I am so happy I did it. Yayyuu. That's to all you ladies that encouraged me. Yayy.

Weighed myself today!!!!

This is 6 days after the surgery - starting weight was 292 but now I am 268. Although I was 267 on the day of the surgery. I asked the doctor why and he said because of the air that was put in my stomach - made me bloated. But I am also on my periods so am guessing why am at 268. I have followed the post op diet and so scared to even take anything and I think it was because the doctor showed me what he removed and also wen I saw the size of my stomach - am scared.

But all in all - I AM HAPPY WITH MY SLEEVE.
Dr Ramos Kelly