33 Yo Mom of 3; Crossfitter; Runner Needs MM - Treasure Coast, FL

Since before I had kids, I knew once I was done, I...

Since before I had kids, I knew once I was done, I was going to want a mommy makeover. 3 kids (6, 4, and 2), 3 c sections, and a lot of years of nursing, and now I am ready for my mommy makeover. I gained so much weight with each pregnancy because just as much as I love to workout, I love to eat. Now I am left with a 2.5" diastasis recti, loose skin, and sagging breasts. I've been on this site for about a year reading blogs to know what this all entails knowing that I wouldn't get the surgery until August 2016. Time has flown!! I've narrowed the search to two surgeons in my area. On June 24, I'm bringing my husband to meet both, and I hope to schedule the surgery with one of them soon after we talk it over.

Second Consults on Friday!

Friday, I will bring my husband with me for second consults with Dr. Giles at 9am and Dr. Lee at 11 am. By the end of day, I'll call them up and make a deposit to hold August 25 for me! I'm super excited, and have been reading a lot of posts of questions to ask. What was the biggest determining factor in choosing your doctor?

Cannot wait until August

Promise I'm not pregnant

I cannot wait to get this done. I almost feel like I'm taking my frustration of being deflated and looking pregnant out on my family. I'm more than ready for my makeover. I meet the surgeons for a second time Friday and choose!

Doctor chosen, date locked with deposit

Today, I brought my husband to my top two favorite surgeons. My husband is super analytical. We are both in the medical field, so I wanted him to hear the nitty gritty I had heard from them before. I wanted his help choosing because I feel they are both competent and feel very comfortable with both. I felt like we were on an episode of house hunters after the appointments during lunch. We both agreed on the same doctor and I called right away to secure August 25. It's feeling real now especially after I scheduled the pre-op a couple weeks sooner. I'm so excited.

Building strength

After perusing a bunch of reviews, I see a lot of ladies write about lower back pain during recovery. I Crossfit 5 mornings a week and run once a week, but I feel I need to be intentional about building the lower back and posterior chain to help with recovery. I'd like to stand straight sooner than later. I asked my PS how long do I HAVE to be bent for. He told me that I don't HAVE to be bent at all, that his stitches are tough enough, but patients tend to be more comfortable bent.
Today was my first day intentionally working on lower back after my Crossfit workout. I did slow back extensions then worked on slow squats on the bosu ball to help with the stabilizing muscles of my legs. I'm a little less than two months before I cross over to the flat side, so I think these extra movements now will help later.

After 7 mile run

I just ran seven miles, and felt so good coming out of the shower...it'll be great to get back into it after I recover.

Nesting

I had three c-sections and although two out of three came a couple weeks before their scheduled date, about a month before they came, I got heavily in the nesting mode. I felt like I had to get everything in order, purge the closets and buy everything I thought I might need. I am trying sooo hard not to do that with this. But, it just happened. This past weekend, most closets were purged, I went shopping and bought some cute dresses that I know will look even better with the new boobs and belly. I bought front zip sports bras, compression garments. It felt good to get it out of my system for now, but I know I'll get a second wind after my preop appointment next month.

Obsessed with eBay

I like nice things that are of value to me and don't mind spending the money on them: great quality workout clothes, gym membership, a fabulous plastic surgeon I feel comfortable with, amazing clothes and bras after mommy makeover, high end a/c unit in hot and humid Florida. Lol
Other things, that I know I won't use after a few weeks, I have a hard time spending money on: maternity clothes, nursing bras, and most recently-recovery garments like bras and compression garments.
I feel like this site should sell garments in great condition, right?!
I've been researching and asking my plastic surgeon about garments and bras, then looking for them in new or slightly used condition on eBay, and have gotten fabulous deals! A bra that retails almost$100, I got for $16! I ended up getting 3 bras and two garments for about $100!

Cash

I knew when I decided to do the mommy makeover I had to set a realistic date in the future so I could budget. I didn't want to finance or dip into any kind of savings. Today was a rough day-a/c needed repairing and the Florida home was HOT; everything was annoying to me! My husband handed me a nice stack of cash and said it was for the surgery and extra for shopping! Woo hoo! It's really happening! A month until the preop and about 1.5mo until surgery!!

eBay purchases have arrived

I said before that I have a hard time spending a fortune on garments I'll wear for a few months at the most. I got the garment new with tags and the Victoria's Secret front zip bra in excellent condition on eBay. The bra definitely has room for growth lol and the garment can be made tighter too. I also scored a $12 super comfy maxi dress from banana republic outlet. Love a good deal!

1 month until pre-op

Wow. Things are feeling really real. Only one month away until my preop and 1.5months until my mommy makeover!
Yesterday I began having a bunch of body aches (especially my back), nausea, vomitting. I definitely want to go through with the surgery and I will, but these body/back aches are the worse! It's so hard to get comfortable! I heard the first few days are the worst....I can do anything for a few days! I'm sending positive vibes and prayers to you healing ladies!!

Pre-baby photos...#goals

Here is a picture of me the day I found out I was pregnant with my first son Christmas Eve, 2009...I'll have that belly again soon-maybe even a better form of it because I'll be flat AND still have my three kids! You can see my boobs were always on the small side. Hope to be in the C range. Can't wait!

Under armour bra

I got a couple of these in fabulous condition: super comfy, zip front. I plan to be in the C range and w this bra u can purchase by cup size. There is room to grow so I can't wait to see how these fill out!

Button pj's and deflated boobies

I couldn't wait until surgery to sleep in these: super comfy! Can't wait to get these boobs in the right position and to get rid on the 5 mo preggo belly!! Lol

Almost a month away and I'm so excited I can barely sleep!

I try and go to bed early-ish because my alarm wakes me at 4:30am to make my 5am Crossfit class. These last few days it's been hard to get to sleep and stay asleep because all I can do is toss and turn with excitement thinking about where I'll be in about a month or so. This am, I told a late 40's lady about my upcoming surgery, and she had a tummy tuck 9 years ago. She said it was more painful than her 4 C-sections, but she'd do it again in a heartbeat.

So flat

My trainer this am was telling me how he and his girlfriend (a good friend of mine) were laughing about how I'm not going to know what to do with boobs. Lol-they're right!! LMBO

Thank God!

I believe God has a plan. I knew I'd want this surgery since before I started having kids. As it gets closer, I've prayed for healing hands after for smooth, easy surgery...and in the back of my mind I just wanted affirmation that I am doing the right thing. Last month my period came 4 days early so I did the calculation and that would mean I'd be the heaviest flow and crampiest surgery day. Oh well, I thought. I'll deal. Well I just got my period again four days early which means that even if I get it on time next month (bc I'm never late), all the cramps and heavy flow will be gone!! Thank God! That's all the affirmation I need!! It's all going to be ok!

Put on your sunglasses

I usually wear an athletic top or a rash guard over my bathing suit top to cover my belly. I can't wait to tan it once it's flat. We took the kids to a waterpark today for my daughter's second birthday, and I was checking all the moms out. Lol

A little retail therapy

I was on the hunt for comfy clothes and pj's for post op. Ah....so comfy AND zipper front, pockets (always a plus). Lol

Rise and shine

I'm going to miss my 5am Crossfit group. They took me out last night and got me a nice gift card to my favorite workout store for when I enter the flat/big boob side :)
(I'm the second one in on the left)

Trying on my son...

So about a month ago, my husband had to stitch my five year old. He's got a little scar above his lip, so since I'll be needing scar treatment in the future, I thought I'd try it out on him first. Lol. Today was day 1.

Last vacay covering my belly

My oldest son will be six the day before my surgery, so we went away for the weekend to celebrate. We had a blast. Crazy to think I'll be in a bikini and have boobs for our next vacation! Pre-op is August 12-Friday!!

Dreams

Before a major life event, like before the birth of my kids, wedding, first day of dental school, I would have dreams of my teeth falling out. I was waiting for it, and I had the dream last night! It's my body telling me that this is a huge life altering event coming in 14 days, 21 hours, and 12 mins (according to my countdown app). LOL
In my dream, I had all my top teeth, but every single bottom tooth literally fell out except for a molar that was loose and crumbling. I'm crazy.

"Business lunch"

My husband took notes on how to get the kids ready for school and pack lunch and his new morning and evening "protocol" with them while I heal. He is doing dry runs now. #manwithaplan #icouldgetusetothis #loveit

BCAA's

I have this after every workout to help with muscle recovery. A read yesterday that a fellow real selfer thought BCAA's helped with her recovery. I'm going to add this to my armamentarium! Lol

Pre-op: done!

I had my pre-op today; I was his first patient today and everything went great! It was the usual thing: get the prescriptions needed for post op, sign your life away, and pay. My husband came with me, so that was nice to have that support. He was very comforting and honest in goals, expectations, etc...he said my surgery would take about 2.5-3hrs for the TT, lift, and augmentation which seems fast to me since the other dr quoted about 4-5! I wonder if it's bc my dr focuses on body? Not sure but I'll take it! My surgery is on a Thursday and I'm staying the night in his recovery suite so I'll see him the next day and then again that Monday or Tuesday (and he thinks I'll have my one drain out by then given my size and physical shape preop).
Good thing he gave me a 20 page packet to peruse and that my husband came because I forgot a lot!!! Lol
Oh they did recommend a light cotton cami to wear under the binder so it doesn't irritate the skin. That was something that I haven't seen much of on realself.
It's starting to really really feel real! And i have this calming feeling like it's going to be just fine. I sure hope so!

There is my sign....

I run 6 or more miles with my friends Sunday's at 5:30am, and we start walking distance from my house. I just woke up, started to get ready, and think I hear thunder. Crap. Sure enough, there is a storm coming. I sit on the toilet, and low and behold is my period!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!! Never thought I'd be so happy to see her at such perfect timing before my surgery. God is good.
I'm only just a little bummed about the thunderstorm but kind of glad bc I get more sleep :)

Piece of my armamentarium

Here are just a few things I got to help with pain and inflammation: my meds (of course. I plan to take like clockwork the first few days), arnica and bromelian (on the fence with this-I've read it's helpful. My Dr didn't say I HAD to get it, and my pharmacist sister thinks it's placebo. Still plan to try it out), colase (forgot to put in pic but I'll start a few days before), maxi pads for incisions, scar stuff for later, massager (bc I think backaches are so annoying and I hope to avoid them), pineapples (have bromelian), hummus (because it's yummy and I plan to eat a lot of protein), and my BCAA's to hopefully not lose too much muscle. I also have spanx, zipper front bras, button down pj's and maxi dresses...
I'm going to tough it out and not go crazy w walkers, shower seats, female urinals etc. the doc just told me to tough it out and use my legs. I can take pain pretty well and I can back squat almost double my weight, so I think I can deal....hopefully. ;)

Focus update

Well, a few posts ago, I had committed to doing a little extra work after my usual workouts to further strengthen my legs and lower back since I will be using those post surgery. I've been holding to that. Today I did heavy back squats followed by 150 wall balls, 50 kettle bell swings, and 120 m sled push. This is my last week at Crossfit and I'm going to miss it so much! Next week I plan to do a few days of orangetheory for cardio, then surgery Thursday! Agh!

Probably overkill

So this is probably overkill, but I have it at our office, so why not? This is hibiclens (4% chlorhexidine) scrub. It's an antiseptic scrub that I use on the gums after deep cleaning and on teeth before I fill it. Surgeons use it to wash heir hands before surgery, and you can use for skin wound and skin cleansing. I'll probably use it am of my surgery and maybe on wounds after. I've already started showering with dial antibacterial soap.

Getting closer

I've posted and deleted boob pictures, but being that I'm five days away from surgery, and all of your photos have helped me, I figured I need to get the courage and hopefully help others. This was this am after my orangetheory workout (that was fun-first time trying ot)

Struggles

With surgery in 3days and 17 hrs (according to my countdown app), I thought I'd share a couple of my recent struggles.
1. I love food: food that's good for me and food that's probably not. My struggle is to not think "hey, let me eat ALL of that because he's going to cut it all out soon!" Lol
2. My kids and husband are everything. This weekend I've really focused on individualized time for each of them. I'm sad that I'll be gone for a while.
3. I've never had general anesthesia and I'm one who doesn't like surprises and always looks when I donate blood. Although I know I'm healthy and strong and that it's safe, I'm still a little scared.

Florida sunset

This doesn't do the gorgeous Florida sunset justice. It was beautiful on the ride home from my last date night with the hubs. Gave me reassurance that it will all be fine in just a couple days! Thank you to all the real self ladies thatve had the sweetest uplifting words these last few months during my journey. You all are great!

Mind over matter

When I feel like I'm dying twd the end of some of my races, I just think of that finish line! I think in this journey we have a lot of "finish lines": booking the surgery, surgery day, drains out, no narcotics, pooping, sleeping in your bed, feeling better, doing more, clearance to work out again, and the list goes on. Setting those little attainable goals gives you something to look forward to and check off the list.
In just a couple of days, I'll be at a new "finish line", and another race will begin. Such a surreal feeling. I know there are some of us with super close surgery dates. Know that I'm thinking and praying for you, friends!

Hydrate, hydrate

A couple days are left before surgery and today I began adding one of these to the large amounts of water I usually drink. Super good for hydration, and because it's pineapple, I'm hoping to add that bromelian to my system. I also started the bromelian pills, upped the colase to 3 a day, have been eating applesauce, humus, Greek yogurt, protein shakes only, and I will begin the chlorhexidine scrub tonight.
The last picture of the sunset didn't load from yesterday, so I threw it in there! :)

The day before

Surgery is tomorrow and I can say that I'm totally calm and ready. I had my little freak out moment over the weekend as I just so badly enjoyed my time with my family, and since then, I've had such peace about it.
I'm sure it has to do with the help and support of you ladies sharing your stories and encouraging words, of course my family and friends who supported his since day one, and peace of mind know that I did all the research and prep I could to make this as smooth as I can on my end.
I have 100% faith in God and the surgical team. It'll be all good!!! (Insert Thumbs up emoji!) lol

Alive and well

Surgery was this morning and I took some before pics in my bra and undies after the shower. We arrived on time and my husband unloaded and waited in the recovery suite.
They took me back to get my vitals, met with anesthesiologist and they strapped me to the table. Next thing I know I was in recovery. Wow! It WAS a great 3 hr nap!!
Pain is sooo minimal! Boob pain feels less than a hard Chest workout, and the belly is kind of like the cramps I get when I run too fast.
I've taken half the narcotic dosage and zofran. Which, zofran is crap-didn't work too well for me. I was dry heaving which OMG-really hurts. The nurse gave me a suppository and that worked like a charm. Whichever RS mentioned the neck pillow is my BFF-that's helped A TON. My low back isn't much of an issue, but I do get up and walk around bc my upper back is sore.
Nurses and doc are impressed by my movement and dr said it was more straightforward than he thought and thinks the outcome will be better than he thinks. I hope so!
Happy healing to all my RSers. Reveal and shower are tomorrow. I hope to get someone to snag pics

Doing good

This was WAY easier than expected. Pain is really minimal and manageable. The nurse gave me a shower that was divine. I got o peak at everything and I love it! Can't wait to see it when all the swelling dies down.

Great Day for Healing

It's a great day for healing here as it's such a gloomy day. My husband brought the kids over so I can get my fix, and they were so respectful of my "boo-boo". He helped me with a shower and shaved my legs which was divine! I'm moving around nicely, and I feel really good. Although I'm super swollen in my belly, I'll take the "after" any day of the week!
I've been on top of my pain meds; I've been rubbing arnica on my chest.
I think it really helps to be in shape before surgery.

Incision and posture

Here are a couple of pics.
My posture is pretty good and I'm shuffling around well-glad I didn't buy a walker or shower chair.
I love how the incision line is nice and low and straight.
Total drain output was at 50. Looks like I'll have it for a little longer. It's ok. I'll be patient about it. It hasn't bothered me much.
Like I said, I'm staying on top of bromelian, arnica, and pain meds (alternating 1percocet and 800mg ibuprofen every 4-6hrs)

Specifics

I was organizing my surgical bag and found this gem. Guess he went with Mentor 350cc smooth round ultra high profile.

SOO worth it

Love before and afters. As I am waiting for my binder to dry, I took the pic on the right-all in my belly swollen glory. On the left, I took a couple of weeks ago after Crossfit. Omg. I'm in love already. It's going to be cool to see the transformation in these next coming months.

End of day swelling

Here is some end of day swelling. I was able to shave and shower solo. I was proud of that. My posture is way better with the binder; with it off, I feel like I need to hunch to support it.
I had a few bowel movements today, and I've stopped narcotics. In previous days I alternated ibuprofen and Percocet. Pain has really been nonexistent except when I woke up from my nap w a dry throat and had to cough. Key thing I did was grab a pillow, hold it tight around my belly and cough as softly as I could. Totally doable.
Drain output is still not enough to remove, and I am fine with that. Evening swelling is for sure there, and I'm aware it's a process, and I'm just thankful I had the opportunity to even go through this journey.

#TransformationTuesday

Less than a week post op and a nice transformation already. Today is my last day of antibiotics. And day 2 off narcotics completely. Pain isn't there at all. At this point I take ibuprofen more for inflammation than pain. Happy healing and good vibes and prayers to all my real self friends.

My favorite things

I don't know if you remember The Oprah Winfrey Show and her "favorite things", but off the top of my head, I'm about to make a list of my favorite things so far in the pre-surgery and post-surgery journey. There is no order to it, but hopefully it will help some ladies out in the future since in my eyes, I wouldn't change a thing in this experience. Just as a guide: I got a full tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation six days ago.
1. Pray about it-before, during, and after. Make sure this choice feels right for you and your family. It's a long road and u really want to be in a good place with relationships, financially, mentally, emotionally, physically, etc...
2. Be in good physical shape. The best you've been in going into surgery. I really believe that's helped so much in my posture being straight just a couple days post op, the ability to rebuild, and the ability to handle pain. I've compared my "pain" to workouts and I've literally done harder chest workouts than the what I've felt this whole time in my chest w the lift and aug.
3. Research, plan, research, plan, repeat. Know everything about your procedure. Real self helped a bunch with the forums, videos, reviews, etc. I also watched the surgery learned possible complications and planned for the worst and hoped for the best. This will help calm nerves post op if complications arise. Research surgeons. Choose one that you feel most comfortable with. And plan, plan, plan! Failing to plan is planning to fail. Time off work, care for you, care for the kids, materials, meals, set up your armamentarium before hand.
4. However, don't go overboard with armamentarium. Know yourself. I knew I could handle pain, have healed well from csections, and that I was the strongest I've been. I didn't bother spending money on a walker, cane, shower chair, medical recliner, hospital bed, etc.
5. Stay on top of your meds and choose a dr that gives you the exparel injection!!! Exparel is a life changer. The only reason I took Percocets the first three days (I only took 3/4 per day) was bc I didn't want to find out what it would feel like without it. Honestly, I think I would've been fine w only Motrin 800 for inflammation. The pain just wasn't there. Soreness, tightness, crampy, yes, but no pain. Even today, almost a week post op, I still am on Motrin for inflammation properties not really for pain at all.
6. First few days I was religious about #5, and also taking bromelain tablets, rubbing arnica, drinking BCAA's, drinking coconut water with pineapple, drinking lots of water, eating pineapple and lots of protein. Could have all been hocus pocus, but if I had to do this again, I'd do the same.
7. Neck pillow-those things u wear in an airplane. That has been a dream. I also bought a back massager that u sit on, and that's also been a dream.
8. Realself-ask questions to people thatve been there. Make friends with people that have similar surgery dates. Ask the doctors. Read experiences-taking each with a grain of salt, but putting those little pearls in the memory bank.
9. Be positive. I've read a lot of reviews and some people just have a bad day. And that is ok. Know you may have bad days, but put the positive spin on it. Instead of saying "man, I feel like crap" say "I look forward to feeling better". Instead of "yuck, look at all that swelling, when will it ever go away?!" Take a peak at your before pictures, and I promise you look better! Lol I've been at my parents' house and am missing out on the kids & my husband (FaceTime and short visits are great), but I keep thinking "I'll see them soon" "how great is this quiet space?!"lol
10. Be Strong and Patient. You are strong-holy moly look at what our bodies are capable of! And it doesn't all happen over night.
Yay-I was hoping it'd add up to ten. Hope y'all got something out of it!

Free at last!

So today, mom asked me if I'd like to go out for lunch and do a little shopping after. Heck yes!! Cabin fever was really getting to me, and I've been feeling great so I didn't think twice. Lunch was delicious, and although I didn't try anything on, it was so nice to be out and look at fitted clothes vs my comfort zone of loose or athleisure styles. Can't wait to really do some shopping!!

Last photos before drain removal

Today I get my drain out-yay! I snapped a couple of pictures before I put on the arnica gel. And I compared the swelling from day 5 post op to today (day8). And I snapped a couple of the incision lines.

Drain out; Surgery pics in!

Today my drain came out, and it felt like everyone says: weird. It's kind of like feeling your child move in your belly the first time. It was so nice to get rid of it. I wore yoga pants there and I felt like a dude tucking that in over to the right. Lol

"Overdoing it" is a real thing

I had my drain removed yesterday and felt liberated and great, so mom and I went shopping (I got the cutest couple of pair of shoes-trying not to buy clothes). Went to lunch and moved out of mom's back home. When the kids came home I did my best to listen to every story, play, etc.
By the end of day I am pretty sure I wasn't standing straight. Lol. I was so sore! Motrin came to the rescue! Lesson learned: take it easy.

When in doubt, improvise!

I have long curly hair that I wash maybe 1-2/week or it'll dry out. Being 9 days post op, I was itching to wash it. I knew my arms and chest could handle it, but I didn't know about the belly. Sooo I showered in my spanx. Lol. I felt totally supported and got the job done! Lesson: if you're faced with a problem, find a solution. Lol

Nothing like your own bed

My two year old daughter wanted to nap on my high bed, so I thought to myself "I think I could get up there"....and I did. I took a fabulous nap with her which made me think I'm ready to just sleep in my bed. So I did. And I was pretty flat on my back and sides, and I moved around without any soreness or discomfort. It was a good night! Another little victory in the bank! Lol

The view

I took the pic on the lower right in my fave yoga pants and was disappointed in what I saw. The new view is so much better! Lol

Well rested

I slept in after 9am today. I think the last time I did that was.....over ten years ago?!?! Lol-it did me well. I woke up and snapped some pics just to see if there has been any improvement on the swelling. I see it!
Overall, I feel pretty great physically-just tightness in my abs, swelling as the day goes on, etc.
You will notice in the boob pics that my nipples aren't right at "the bull's eye", which isn't fault of my dr. He warned me pre-surgery and I appreciate his honesty. He said God made me with a short distance nipple to breast crease, so he moved it as much as he could. He said after healing, if it bugs me, I can have a minor procedure under local anesthesia to help it even more. I went into this looking for improvement, not perfection, so it doesn't bother me AT ALL, and I couldn't be more pleased so far. Happy Labor Day!

Lucky number 13

13 days post op-my lucky number so I had to post!
I had a post op visit. They clipped the ends of some stitches and totally removed the stitches on the belly button. They taped me back up (for the last time), and my next visit is in two weeks.
He told me I was overdoing it. Today was my busiest day as far as activity goes, I wasn't hurting but I was definitely pretty swollen (you can see in the pics).
SOO...in efforts to follow dr's orders, I'm relaxing and reading.
He also said after next visit I can start with silicone based scar treatment.

Pictures from the 13th

Cleaning the closet

I was purging my closet of the tops I tried to hide my belly in to donate to women in need, and I found the pants I had in my first post to my journey. I had to snap a quick pic before I threw it in the donate pile, but it's so nice to not have that excess skin spilling over!

I finally remembered!

You guys are so good about posting consistent pictures. I have intentions to, and either don't have my phone or forget. I did some chores this morning, so you can see a little swelling on the profile. I posted an up close pic of the belly button, and you can see the stretch marks I had above are now below. They aren't too noticeable from afar, so it doesn't bother me. Also, here is a picture of one of my favorite garments. I took a chance on it because it was less than $20 new on eBay. The brand is franato. It's a stage one compression garment. I like it more than the spanx I bought, so I ordered more in a small: 2 blacks plus the one beige I have. Only thing is, I don't know if it's the fit of it or hot Florida, but I notice my thighs chafe. No worries bc I bought a body chafe stick I use to use for races. Overall, I feel great! I have a little bit more feeling on my belly, although the areas surrounding the belly button and incision are still pretty numb. I love sleeping on my sides and belly and I'm getting more comfortable doing that again. Have a great Sunday, ladies!

I couldn't help myself

My two year old fell asleep in the car after a pool day at my parents'. I couldn't help but carry her in and just cuddle with her for a few minutes before I woke her up-I still need her to make her strict 7pm bedtime!! Lol
I thought it would hurt or feel weird to pick her up, but it didn't :)

That glow...

My skin has been dry from these garments so I've lathered myself up w coconut oil and a dash of lavender oil. Natural moisturizer + natural antibacterial properties = win for skin!

First thing in the morning

Finally!! I remembered to take pictures first thing in the morning. I'm loving the difference. I'm curious about the marble treatment on the belly button. I haven't done it, and so far, I don't think I will because I love it so far-it reminds me of mine pre-pregnancy.

Whoa-what a view!

It's amazing how lighting and angles can make some things look huge, misshapen, or small.
I didn't have an appointment today, but I went anyway because my tape was pealing and I thought they'd just reapply. The nurse took it off, instructed me to moisturize with anything for a week, then begin scar treatment. My next appointment is in two weeks. I must say, I am overall happy with all the scars. There is a little area on my TT scar that's raised, but it's still early and I'm not concerned. Looking at my boobs, it doesn't surprise me seeing the veins on my right side. I'm a phlebotomist's dream. Lol
I also posted pics with my top bc, really, that's all people are going to see.
Not bad at all 20 days out! Have a great day, ladies! :)

Progress is Progress

A little over three weeks out, and everyday is a little better. Yesterday I vacuumed, mopped, did laundry and gave the three kids a bath for the first time. I thought I'd be sore today, and I wasn't. While doing those chores I did feel little twinges that lasted half a sec, but was fine. This week, I've just been putting coconut oil (my cure for everything) on the scars, and I can tell a difference on the raised area on the TT. Next week, I begin scar treatment.
Oh, also, I tried on some jeans that fit w a muffin top before, and last week fit without a muffin top. Yesterday, I put the on and there was wiggle room!

Curly Hair Protocol for my SWOLEsister, Rosey :)

My hair is suuuuuper curly. Has been all my life, and it was when I was on maternity leave with my last that I finally learned to love it and manage it. Lol
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Shea Moisture products-all good ingredients in there and have tried a bunch of their stuff but my go to for after the shower is the leave in conditioner down below. The other stuff, I switch out and try different Shea Moisture line. Oh, also use coconut oil on the days I don't wash to help style-if I do a braid or bun...
I only wash like 1-2 times a week even though I work out 6 times a week. I guess that's the perk of not working out now-hair is looking good for longer! Lol
To prevent too much frizz and bc I have so much and super thick hair, after the shower, I towel dry w microfiber towel, apply stuff, and take a few strands and twist. That's how it dries. I sleep on a silk pillowcase to help w frizz and breakage.
Hope you got something out of it, Rosey!!

Oiled up!

Here are some pictures of my scar progression. If you compare it from just a few days ago, it's a big difference! This week I'll begin the scar treatments w silicone products but I've been using coconut oil with frankincense and lavender recommended by my neighbor who is an essential oil guru. Lol
My son had a fever and she gave me thieves and peppermint. I tried it without using meds, and he woke up fever free. I had been using the nebulizer on my two year old for over two weeks and she told me to use thieves and Raven. I stopped the nebulizer and her cough is gone!
I will use what the doctor says for my scar, but I'm definitely going to continue this oil regimen too!!

"My Mommy has Big Boobs"

My two year old is obviously loving the upgraded me because she isn't shy to tell random people, "my mommy has big boobs!" Over the weekend it was her teacher at church. She has told her Montessori teacher, and this morning, she told a random parent at school. She cracks me up. It's a good thing I've told everybody too! Haha
The picture is what I wore this am that prompted that. Lol

#tbt

#tbt to what WAS (sucking in and letting it all hang) a few weeks ago and what IS today. When I was gifted this shirt, I strictly used it for pj's. Now I can wear it for WODs and errands.
#mommymakeover #byeDiastasisRecti #stillhealing #4weekspostop

Bathing suits and scar progression

Thanks to a real self "SWOLEsister", I learned that Victoria's Secret was having a sale on their bathing suits, that they're great quality,& that they won't be carrying them anymore. I order right after I read her update and they came in today!! I couldn't try them on until the end of day so I'm kind of swollen. I also tried on a suit I bought from Lululemon before surgery(which looked awful before).
Dr. Giles

I have a lot of friends, including my mother, who has had beautiful breast work by Dr. Giles. When I knew I was done having kids, I knew I had to at least consult with him for my mommy makeover. I'm so glad I did. His office is beautiful, his team is wonderful, and he is phenomenal. He is very helpful, patient, kind, and very honest when he answers questions. My surgery is scheduled for August, and I know it will be a great road to recovery with such a good team taking care of me.