33 Yo Mom of 3; Crossfitter; Runner Needs MM - Treasure Coast, FL
Since before I had kids, I knew once I was done, I...
Second Consults on Friday!
Cannot wait until August
Promise I'm not pregnant
Doctor chosen, date locked with deposit
Today was my first day intentionally working on lower back after my Crossfit workout. I did slow back extensions then worked on slow squats on the bosu ball to help with the stabilizing muscles of my legs. I'm a little less than two months before I cross over to the flat side, so I think these extra movements now will help later.
After 7 mile run
Obsessed with eBay
Other things, that I know I won't use after a few weeks, I have a hard time spending money on: maternity clothes, nursing bras, and most recently-recovery garments like bras and compression garments.
I feel like this site should sell garments in great condition, right?!
I've been researching and asking my plastic surgeon about garments and bras, then looking for them in new or slightly used condition on eBay, and have gotten fabulous deals! A bra that retails almost$100, I got for $16! I ended up getting 3 bras and two garments for about $100!
eBay purchases have arrived
1 month until pre-op
Yesterday I began having a bunch of body aches (especially my back), nausea, vomitting. I definitely want to go through with the surgery and I will, but these body/back aches are the worse! It's so hard to get comfortable! I heard the first few days are the worst....I can do anything for a few days! I'm sending positive vibes and prayers to you healing ladies!!
Under armour bra
Button pj's and deflated boobies
Almost a month away and I'm so excited I can barely sleep!
Put on your sunglasses
A little retail therapy
Rise and shine
(I'm the second one in on the left)
Trying on my son...
Last vacay covering my belly
In my dream, I had all my top teeth, but every single bottom tooth literally fell out except for a molar that was loose and crumbling. I'm crazy.
Good thing he gave me a 20 page packet to peruse and that my husband came because I forgot a lot!!! Lol
Oh they did recommend a light cotton cami to wear under the binder so it doesn't irritate the skin. That was something that I haven't seen much of on realself.
It's starting to really really feel real! And i have this calming feeling like it's going to be just fine. I sure hope so!
There is my sign....
I'm only just a little bummed about the thunderstorm but kind of glad bc I get more sleep :)
Piece of my armamentarium
I'm going to tough it out and not go crazy w walkers, shower seats, female urinals etc. the doc just told me to tough it out and use my legs. I can take pain pretty well and I can back squat almost double my weight, so I think I can deal....hopefully. ;)
1. I love food: food that's good for me and food that's probably not. My struggle is to not think "hey, let me eat ALL of that because he's going to cut it all out soon!" Lol
2. My kids and husband are everything. This weekend I've really focused on individualized time for each of them. I'm sad that I'll be gone for a while.
3. I've never had general anesthesia and I'm one who doesn't like surprises and always looks when I donate blood. Although I know I'm healthy and strong and that it's safe, I'm still a little scared.
Mind over matter
In just a couple of days, I'll be at a new "finish line", and another race will begin. Such a surreal feeling. I know there are some of us with super close surgery dates. Know that I'm thinking and praying for you, friends!
The last picture of the sunset didn't load from yesterday, so I threw it in there! :)
The day before
I'm sure it has to do with the help and support of you ladies sharing your stories and encouraging words, of course my family and friends who supported his since day one, and peace of mind know that I did all the research and prep I could to make this as smooth as I can on my end.
I have 100% faith in God and the surgical team. It'll be all good!!! (Insert Thumbs up emoji!) lol
Alive and well
They took me back to get my vitals, met with anesthesiologist and they strapped me to the table. Next thing I know I was in recovery. Wow! It WAS a great 3 hr nap!!
Pain is sooo minimal! Boob pain feels less than a hard Chest workout, and the belly is kind of like the cramps I get when I run too fast.
I've taken half the narcotic dosage and zofran. Which, zofran is crap-didn't work too well for me. I was dry heaving which OMG-really hurts. The nurse gave me a suppository and that worked like a charm. Whichever RS mentioned the neck pillow is my BFF-that's helped A TON. My low back isn't much of an issue, but I do get up and walk around bc my upper back is sore.
Nurses and doc are impressed by my movement and dr said it was more straightforward than he thought and thinks the outcome will be better than he thinks. I hope so!
Happy healing to all my RSers. Reveal and shower are tomorrow. I hope to get someone to snag pics
Great Day for Healing
I've been on top of my pain meds; I've been rubbing arnica on my chest.
I think it really helps to be in shape before surgery.
Incision and posture
My posture is pretty good and I'm shuffling around well-glad I didn't buy a walker or shower chair.
I love how the incision line is nice and low and straight.
Total drain output was at 50. Looks like I'll have it for a little longer. It's ok. I'll be patient about it. It hasn't bothered me much.
Like I said, I'm staying on top of bromelian, arnica, and pain meds (alternating 1percocet and 800mg ibuprofen every 4-6hrs)
SOO worth it
End of day swelling
I had a few bowel movements today, and I've stopped narcotics. In previous days I alternated ibuprofen and Percocet. Pain has really been nonexistent except when I woke up from my nap w a dry throat and had to cough. Key thing I did was grab a pillow, hold it tight around my belly and cough as softly as I could. Totally doable.
Drain output is still not enough to remove, and I am fine with that. Evening swelling is for sure there, and I'm aware it's a process, and I'm just thankful I had the opportunity to even go through this journey.
My favorite things
1. Pray about it-before, during, and after. Make sure this choice feels right for you and your family. It's a long road and u really want to be in a good place with relationships, financially, mentally, emotionally, physically, etc...
2. Be in good physical shape. The best you've been in going into surgery. I really believe that's helped so much in my posture being straight just a couple days post op, the ability to rebuild, and the ability to handle pain. I've compared my "pain" to workouts and I've literally done harder chest workouts than the what I've felt this whole time in my chest w the lift and aug.
3. Research, plan, research, plan, repeat. Know everything about your procedure. Real self helped a bunch with the forums, videos, reviews, etc. I also watched the surgery learned possible complications and planned for the worst and hoped for the best. This will help calm nerves post op if complications arise. Research surgeons. Choose one that you feel most comfortable with. And plan, plan, plan! Failing to plan is planning to fail. Time off work, care for you, care for the kids, materials, meals, set up your armamentarium before hand.
4. However, don't go overboard with armamentarium. Know yourself. I knew I could handle pain, have healed well from csections, and that I was the strongest I've been. I didn't bother spending money on a walker, cane, shower chair, medical recliner, hospital bed, etc.
5. Stay on top of your meds and choose a dr that gives you the exparel injection!!! Exparel is a life changer. The only reason I took Percocets the first three days (I only took 3/4 per day) was bc I didn't want to find out what it would feel like without it. Honestly, I think I would've been fine w only Motrin 800 for inflammation. The pain just wasn't there. Soreness, tightness, crampy, yes, but no pain. Even today, almost a week post op, I still am on Motrin for inflammation properties not really for pain at all.
6. First few days I was religious about #5, and also taking bromelain tablets, rubbing arnica, drinking BCAA's, drinking coconut water with pineapple, drinking lots of water, eating pineapple and lots of protein. Could have all been hocus pocus, but if I had to do this again, I'd do the same.
7. Neck pillow-those things u wear in an airplane. That has been a dream. I also bought a back massager that u sit on, and that's also been a dream.
8. Realself-ask questions to people thatve been there. Make friends with people that have similar surgery dates. Ask the doctors. Read experiences-taking each with a grain of salt, but putting those little pearls in the memory bank.
9. Be positive. I've read a lot of reviews and some people just have a bad day. And that is ok. Know you may have bad days, but put the positive spin on it. Instead of saying "man, I feel like crap" say "I look forward to feeling better". Instead of "yuck, look at all that swelling, when will it ever go away?!" Take a peak at your before pictures, and I promise you look better! Lol I've been at my parents' house and am missing out on the kids & my husband (FaceTime and short visits are great), but I keep thinking "I'll see them soon" "how great is this quiet space?!"lol
10. Be Strong and Patient. You are strong-holy moly look at what our bodies are capable of! And it doesn't all happen over night.
Yay-I was hoping it'd add up to ten. Hope y'all got something out of it!
Free at last!
Last photos before drain removal
Drain out; Surgery pics in!
"Overdoing it" is a real thing
By the end of day I am pretty sure I wasn't standing straight. Lol. I was so sore! Motrin came to the rescue! Lesson learned: take it easy.
When in doubt, improvise!
Nothing like your own bed
Overall, I feel pretty great physically-just tightness in my abs, swelling as the day goes on, etc.
You will notice in the boob pics that my nipples aren't right at "the bull's eye", which isn't fault of my dr. He warned me pre-surgery and I appreciate his honesty. He said God made me with a short distance nipple to breast crease, so he moved it as much as he could. He said after healing, if it bugs me, I can have a minor procedure under local anesthesia to help it even more. I went into this looking for improvement, not perfection, so it doesn't bother me AT ALL, and I couldn't be more pleased so far. Happy Labor Day!
Lucky number 13
I had a post op visit. They clipped the ends of some stitches and totally removed the stitches on the belly button. They taped me back up (for the last time), and my next visit is in two weeks.
He told me I was overdoing it. Today was my busiest day as far as activity goes, I wasn't hurting but I was definitely pretty swollen (you can see in the pics).
SOO...in efforts to follow dr's orders, I'm relaxing and reading.
He also said after next visit I can start with silicone based scar treatment.
Cleaning the closet
I finally remembered!
I couldn't help myself
I thought it would hurt or feel weird to pick her up, but it didn't :)
First thing in the morning
Whoa-what a view!
I didn't have an appointment today, but I went anyway because my tape was pealing and I thought they'd just reapply. The nurse took it off, instructed me to moisturize with anything for a week, then begin scar treatment. My next appointment is in two weeks. I must say, I am overall happy with all the scars. There is a little area on my TT scar that's raised, but it's still early and I'm not concerned. Looking at my boobs, it doesn't surprise me seeing the veins on my right side. I'm a phlebotomist's dream. Lol
I also posted pics with my top bc, really, that's all people are going to see.
Not bad at all 20 days out! Have a great day, ladies! :)
Progress is Progress
Oh, also, I tried on some jeans that fit w a muffin top before, and last week fit without a muffin top. Yesterday, I put the on and there was wiggle room!
Curly Hair Protocol for my SWOLEsister, Rosey :)
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Shea Moisture products-all good ingredients in there and have tried a bunch of their stuff but my go to for after the shower is the leave in conditioner down below. The other stuff, I switch out and try different Shea Moisture line. Oh, also use coconut oil on the days I don't wash to help style-if I do a braid or bun...
I only wash like 1-2 times a week even though I work out 6 times a week. I guess that's the perk of not working out now-hair is looking good for longer! Lol
To prevent too much frizz and bc I have so much and super thick hair, after the shower, I towel dry w microfiber towel, apply stuff, and take a few strands and twist. That's how it dries. I sleep on a silk pillowcase to help w frizz and breakage.
Hope you got something out of it, Rosey!!
My son had a fever and she gave me thieves and peppermint. I tried it without using meds, and he woke up fever free. I had been using the nebulizer on my two year old for over two weeks and she told me to use thieves and Raven. I stopped the nebulizer and her cough is gone!
I will use what the doctor says for my scar, but I'm definitely going to continue this oil regimen too!!
"My Mommy has Big Boobs"
The picture is what I wore this am that prompted that. Lol
#mommymakeover #byeDiastasisRecti #stillhealing #4weekspostop
Bathing suits and scar progression
I have a dry throat/cold (thanks kids!), and I was on my belly sleeping an let out a good cough. Since that happened last night, I have like a dull ache in one little area, coughing aggravates that one particular area...more annoying than anything! Point of the story is even though I've been feeling great, things are still on the mend on the inside.
Oh, and this is my last week of my "work hiatus". I go back next Tuesday.
Also, I do my own Botox and do it on my mom, so I'm going to order today. I'll post pics on this review instead of doing a new one.
1. I woke up feeling pretty flat, so I snapped a pic of it all and my fave compression garment.
2. I saw my doc for a post op and he OFFICIALLY cleared me to workout and swim (of course building up to what I did before). He said I can wear any bra I feel comfortable with. AND I asked him to write a doctor's note excluding me from chores and work until 2017. Lol...
Oh, he also said I have a lot of swelling left in my belly-holy smokes-so I will be flatter?! Woot, woot!!
3. I WORKED OUT!!! How great to sweat again!! Here was what I did:
15 DB front squats with 25#
15 DB curls w 12.5#
15 bent over DB rows w 15#
4. I came home to find the extra Victoria's Secret bottoms I ordered-I love the cheeky style-it doesn't dig and it is super flattering.
First three workouts
25 air squats
Repetitions: 21-15-9-7 (increasing weight and speed)
Bicep curls (slow)
End with 25 air squats
50 air squats
15 bent arm lateral raises
15 external rotation on cable
15 internal rotation on cable
Buy out: 50 air squats
15 DB front squats
15 DB curls
15 bent over DB rows
I've never food prepped before; I'm seeing I've got a lot to learn.
I'm going to weigh in, take measurements and photos every three weeks.
I'm scared....but I have a few friends from Crossfit that have done this and have totally leaned out...I've got nothing to lose...just fat!
The macro counting has been good!! In fact, I packed my food scale! Lol. Wish us luck!!
Botox party/hurricane party
Bye bye garment
The pictures are before surgery, after this am's workout. And a picture to show how I can't make an omelette if my life depended on it (at least it tasted good!)
And update on counting my macros: good!! I have friends (and SWOLEmates like u) to keep me accountable. And I've gone down from 142.6 to 137.2!
A quickie but goodie
Warm up: 800m run (.5 miles) at 9:30min/mile
Run 400m (.25 miles) faster
40 front arm raises
Run 400m faster
30 mid rows on machine
Run 400m faster
20 tricep pull downs on machine (weight was tugging on belly so I lightened it up)
Run 400m faster
10 super slow curls with the dumb bells
Run 400m fastest
Eight weeks already??
Me and mini-me
25 shoulder presses
25 front squats
25 bicep curls
25 front squats
25 bent over lateral raises
25 squat w a shoulder press (aka: thruster)
25 tricep extensions
25 upright row
25 regular squats
25 dumb bell snatches
25 regular squats
Baby Got Back!
25 upright rows
25 bent over rows
25 American kettle bell swings-KB overhead
25 tricep dips
I could feel the implants shift a little w the dips, so I brought my feet in a little.
20 seconds on and 10 seconds off. I have an app on my phone that I can customize work/rest times. I did 4-4minute sets.
-alternate down to half way up and halfway up to all the way up
-alternate full air squats and squat pulses
-alternate between palms in and palms out
Run 400m before #1,#2,#3,#4
The squats had me screaming. Lol. I had to increase weight on the upper body to make me sweat a little more, and the 400m were sprints.
Here is what I am thinking for tomorrow:
400m warm up
1 min stations
Macro counting is still going strong. I lost another 2 lbs! And what's even better, I got my husband on board too!
Warm up: mile run
100 bicep curls (any way u would like)
100 front raises (any way u would like)
100 lunges (any way: front, side...)
Cool down: mile run
I'm going to try and program the workouts a few days in advance just so I'm not drowning your newsfeed! Lol have a happy weekend!
I've been feeling great! I'm going to run 5k around the neighborhood this weekend since Florida has a cooler front coming.
I do still swell. Not too bad, but you can see in the pictures. I meet with the doctor on Friday for a follow up.
I'm still finishing the bromelain and arnica. And I still put the liquid silicone scar stuff on.
Workouts for the week
Friday, I meet with my surgeon, so I will update on the progress. Have a great week!!
Follow up with Dr.
Review on push ups
Pics, workouts, and progress
Also, I can't help but think I might need a revision. I see a little stretch mark/wrinkle at the top of the vertical incision, but I feel like I have little dog ears at the side of my incision. It's not horrible and could totally live with it. I'll ask about it when I see him in January and see what he says. What do u think?
Here is my plan the next few days.
Tabata (8 rounds of 20s on, 10s off)
#1. Bicep curls
#2. Squat holds
#4. Oblique work
400m runs between 8 rounds
15 internal rotation
15 external rotation
15 tricep pulldowns
15 reverse bicep curls
4-6 mile run
What the what?!
Could be nothing but a stitch or something working its way out, or could be a little more complicated. I'll let you know what he says after my appointment tomorrow. I'm also bringing up little dog ear issue I think I might have and to see what he has to say. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!!
Sure enough that's what he said. Phew. He also said I didn't have to change anything I am already doing and that it will heal up in its own. As far as gym restrictions, he was very lax and said "if it hurts, don't do it."
After my appointment, I decided to go to Nordstrom's because I was on a hunt for nude bras, I love their customer service, and I needed to be sized.
Man oh man, they really treat you like a queen, and I found out I'm a 34D in Chantelle bra and 34DD in the natori bra. They are both so comfortable, pricey, but exactly what I was looking for.
I mentioned my dog ear, and he acknowledged them, and said it's an easy fix we will address at my next post op visit after the holidays.
Over all, a fabulous day!
I have a lot of friends, including my mother, who has had beautiful breast work by Dr. Giles. When I knew I was done having kids, I knew I had to at least consult with him for my mommy makeover. I'm so glad I did. His office is beautiful, his team is wonderful, and he is phenomenal. He is very helpful, patient, kind, and very honest when he answers questions. My surgery is scheduled for August, and I know it will be a great road to recovery with such a good team taking care of me.