Spatz Gastric Ballon Trial - Towson, MD

I have been a member of the yo-yo community since...

I have been a member of the yo-yo community since I could remember. As I have gotten older its harder to bounce back and my body is reacting horribley to the weight. I really wanted weight loss surgery, but my BMI was too low. I came across the study trial for the Spatz balloon and thought, why not give it a try! I will be paid a small fee and loose weight also! Best of both worlds...so I got the Ballon placed on 10/17 and there was some discomfort right after the procedure. I just felt really full but also really hungry. This is a weird feeling. Lol. For the first 3 days, the nausea and acid reflux was enough to make me second guess my decision ????. I barely ate anything, I was very weak and tired. Not to mention I looked like death. I also made the mistake of not taking off of work. That may have made things worse. Once my acid reflux meds kicked in after 3 days, things got better. I lost about 7lbs that first week, now as I close in on almost 1 month I am about 15lbs down. My food portions are a lot smaller but I also get hungry quicker. I guess this will help train me to eat frequent smaller portions. As I enter the fourth week, I feel as though the nausea and reflux is beginning to resurface. I don't really know why. Also, the gas is serious! I burp ALOT and it smells really bad. I will try to keep you guys posted!!
Dr. Nichols