Not Typical Candidate but SO Happy I Qualified!! - Torrance, CA

Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever...

Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought I would even consider this procedure!!! I never had fat/overweight problem, I was total athlete & happy growing up, but trauma that took my activity away began my problems with gaining weight & food/bad eating habits. Then after my first child I had no time for myself especially after leaving my psycho husband & he in turn abandoned us & remarried & moved out of state, so I was totally alone & I put my baby & trying to find places to live top priority & years passed & I stayed out of shape but not obese. Then remarriage & 3 more children & my last child at age 40 got me again way out of shape & always stayed about 45lbs overweight. With my last 2 children my migraines got worse & the medications I take fought my metabolism & I tried hard to diet & my migraines got worse!!!! So I saw tv about the Orbera temporary new balloon & I got consultation. My wonderful dr., explained that I was not a good candidate for Orbera & 100% not covered by my insurance but the G.S. Was fully covered & I qualified with a 33 bmi I was 174 and I'm 5'0" (feet even). And what totally made me jump on it was he explained my migraines will eventually subside if not disappear & this cut off metabolism slowing medication!!!! So I got happy & nervous as date got closer & had my surgery July 27 & I'm down 17 pounds & happy, however the only thing I'm frustrated at is the food & liquid getting "stuck" in my throat!!!!! I tried calling my Dr & we kept missing each other!!! It's so hard for me to keep up woty water intake& food because it gets stuck in my throat!! Does anybody have that problem??? I could use some advice!!!! I have NO regrets!!! I would totally recommend !!!! And I'm SO happy to say that I haven't had not 1 aspirin/excedrin since 1 week before surgery !!!!!!! I was taking them on regular basis for my bad headaches & migraines!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!
Torrance Bariatric Surgeon

Was so attentive to ALL my concerns at consultation & before & after surgery & always available for anything I needed!!!! I'm recommending all my co-workers & anybody to him !!!!