Just Had a Consultation Back in June - Toronto, ON

I have a dented scar right in the middle of my...

I have a dented scar right in the middle of my forehead and with chicken pox scar. Met up with an excellent surgeon near my area, he suggested to just remove the middle scar located on my forehead (a small one) not the chicken pox scar. (Because that would take alot of time on he said he could start the procedure by the end of June or first week of July.) I have doubts; if doing the procedure - since its the summer and I will be working every often. There are risks with the sun and UV light and I wouldn't want to damage the scar I always wear my bangs and my hat and sun block. Also the same day for the consultation I got an offer to study my masters in Belgium and I'm really excited. I informed him about this he said, "One it will be a good thing to do the surgery now, so he could remove the stitches after one week, but be careful with the sun and enjoy the year in Europe to do my grad studies, however I do want to check up the scar at least 8 months." Or you can always do your scar removal with any professional surgeon to take up on this. I feel like I should've done this long ago. What do you guys think? If doing the procedure, I can wear a different hairstyle.

Very wise and carefully went what was going down. I'm just unsure of my decision