Filler in Tear Trough with Photo Facial - Toronto, ON

Experienced swelling on cheeks with almost no...

Experienced swelling on cheeks with almost no bruising. Swelling had resolved around 2 weeks and I was very happy with the results. All of a sudden 3 weeks after the procedure my cheeks swelled and it has not dissipated regardless of sleeping elevated. Unfortunately my Dr has been on vacation and I have been fearing the worse. I think my body is having a weird immune response as I have been experiencing burning sensations that come and go and stiffness in my joints that also come and go. My face is itchy at times as well. I have been taking Benadryl but the symptoms remain. Do not have this done if you have ever thought you might have an auto immune issue. I am scared to have it dissolved as I fear I will have a reaction. I am so depressed over this, it's all I worry about. I have 2 children and a husband, I just want to enjoy my time with them :( I want to mention my Dr. Is a top Dr but I don't believe he is at fault for this. He is highly regarded.

Saw the Treating Doctor Today

The doctor said he is unsure why this is happening. He said he has never seen this before. He asked me to keep him updated with any changes. I have made an appointment with my family doctor to request testing for autoimmune issues. I also want to have my sinuses checked just in case. I'm starting to think it's more the IPL treatment that is causing this as the problem areas are where I had the laser. There are too many theories right now, it would be good to know exactly what I'm dealing with.
In the meantime my anxiety is high as well as the sadness. I'm lucky to have a very supportive husband.

It was the photofacial

After seeing numerous doctors I have been left to figure this out for myself.
My face has not gone back to its original shape. After doing my own research it appears the fat has melted in my cheeks and around my eyes from the IPL. I thought my cheeks were swollen as my eyes looked smaller. My eyes have sunken back due to the fat loss. I no longer have defined cheeks either, it's just flat. I obtained my file regarding my treatment and it appears it was a photofacial wth RF. RF has been proven to cause fat loss. My face has no contour anymore and it's like all the beauty has been taken from my face. This has been the worst decision and biggest mistake I have made in my life.
Spamedica