20 Year Old Female, and Moderate Acne Sufferer - 1/3 Treatments. Toronto, ON

Treatment 1 06/02/2015 Day 1 Went yesterday to...

Treatment 1 06/02/2015

Day 1

Went yesterday to undergo the treatment, 1 hour incubation time with the Levulan, 16 minutes under Blu-Light. I have naturally tanned olive- and oily skin, not prone to sunburn, and stopped using tanning beds 6 months ago because it worsened my hyper pigmentation. I've tried many topical, and antibiotic treatments for my skin but ceased 1 year ago because nothing was working. My acne is a mix of small breakouts around my chin, forehead and cheeks and cystic breakouts around my cheek bones. Both the Levulan and Blu-light had a tingling sensation when applied. My face felt warm, and mildly itchy with mild redness for the rest of Day 1. Reviews I had read made me anticipate a much worse reaction.

Day 2

My face is pink, still mildly itchy, and dry around the centre of my face. Using the Kellett brand Cleansing Gel and Moisturizing Gel.

Treatment 2/3

-Skin resumed back to normal after Day 3-

3 Weeks Post Levulan, I continued with the Kellett Brand 3 Step Acne Cleanser, and my breakouts have significantly improved, still a little scaring, and some acne.

Just had my Second Treatment, 1 Hour 15 Minutes Levulan, 20 Minutes Blu-Light, My face was redder than the first treatment, but second and third day were much the same, no peeling, a little itchy, and than my skin resumed back to normal.

Treatment 3/3 and 3 Months Review

I forgot to update my third treatment, I had no side effects the third treatment, although my time under the light was pumped to 25 minutes. Three months later my skin is perfectly clear, I get a pimple here and there, but for the most part with make up on my skin looks flawless. Going back to DLK for a follow up appointment now that three months have passed, and booking an appointment to clear up my hyper pigmentation markings around my cheeks.
Toronto Dermatologist