Mid 50s Upper Eyelid Surgery

As I’m about to go see Dr. Torgerson for my four m...

As I’m about to go see Dr. Torgerson for my four month follow-up after my upper blepharoplasty, I realized I wanted to write a THANK YOU review but never got time to do it. Being in my mid 50s and working in the aesthetic medicine and laser industry it is important to me to look my best. Having a healthy lifestyle routine and diet I can control the way my body looks and ages, however I couldn’t control what’s happening to my upper eyelids. They gave me a tired and aged look that no laser or other non-invasive procedure could fix. I chose Dr. Torgerson because of his impeccable surgical skills and great personality even though he was quite a drive from where I live. There are lots of great plastic surgeons in the area who perform multiple surgeries on faces and bodies, but Dr. Torgerson specializes in facial surgery alone. I had an exceptionally pleasant experience with my upper blepharoplasty and much better recovery than I was expecting. Dr. Torgerson also performed fractional CO2 laser on my upper and lower eyelids at no charge. I fell asleep before the surgery laughing while Dr. Torgerson was questioning me on current events. His OR staff was excellent, they made me very relaxed. I woke up with no pain or discomfort as my wonderful OR nurse Michelle was helping me to get dressed. Post-surgery, I had no swelling or bruising whatsoever which I was expecting and preparing myself for the worst. Fraction laser resurfacing gave me yellow discolouration lasting for couple weeks which is actually a good sign of a successful laser treatment and nothing that cannot be covered with makeup. I took all the medication that Dr. Torgerson prescribed me except for Tylenol 3. I was in no pain or discomfort whatsoever and felt like I didn’t need it. I was at work right the next day working as usual. I have much more youthful open eyes now, I look like myself 20 years ago and all I can think of is why I didn’t do this sooner.
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon