18 Year Old Who Was Looking for an Invisible Option - Well Worth It! - Toronto, ON

This procedure (although costly which is the main...

This procedure (although costly which is the main con, almost double the cost of regular braces!) has been the best decision for me. I didn't think my teeth were too bad besides my two canine teeth which never fully came down but besides that fix I couldn't imagine wearing metal braces front and center for the world to see for nearly 3 years. I wasn't a candidate for invisalign because my teeth required too much movement that would need power chains to bring down but I didn't like the idea of taking the tray out to eat and brush my teeth. All I could imagine was going on a date and apologizing to my partner that be right back, I have to take my teeth out to eat. Yuck! So lingual braces became the only logical procedure for me. I have them on both my top and bottom teeth and it was the best idea. I was warned my speech would be an issue in the beginning and boy it was but I learned to laugh about it. After a while of talking (which I do a lot to begin with) the lisp began to vanish and only show up when I was tired and was lazy at pronouncing words. Now 7 months later into my 28 month procedure my teeth are perfectly straight and lisp is gone! My tongue doesn't even notice the braces anymore but at the beginning did get cut mildly along the sides. I eat almost every food I was told not too which my orthodontist would probably cry if he heard but there really is no limits to these braces. I have never broken a bracket or had any problems so far. Best of no one knew I had braces and now that my teeth are straight I can look forward too the next year and a half of showing off my pearly whites while they continue to straighten. Over all I would recommend these braces to just about anyone considering them!
Toronto Orthodontist