43 Year Old Female, Lower Blephoraplastly - Toronto, ON

I had a lower bleph from a skilled, specialized...

I had a lower bleph from a skilled, specialized oculoplastic surgeon and asked my surgeon to go super conservative w the removal of fat since I'd heard of so called hollowness. He assured me he did and would - remove fat super conservatively, that is. Post-op, I was *thrilled* with the results for the first six months. Then, as the swelling completely wore down - the hollowness slowly started setting in. I suspect that's what happens to *most* people. I wish I had seen more pix one - two years out and I'd caution you to ask for them if you are looking into this surgery. I suspect with the swelling - most people look optimal at 2-6 months post surgery. That's *not* the case 1 to 2 years out. Now it seems like I might have to get fat transfer or HA - something I specifically told my physician I wanted to avoid getting.

I hope this warning helps.

Botox Warning: I got a lower bleph because the botox I was using for my crow's feet (it was great for two years) eventually caused the fat to come out of its socket and created *huge* bags. All of these solutions are a slippery slope, folks. I wish I never tried any of this now.