dimpleplasty :) - Toronto, ON

(I am french, excuses my mistakes) Long overdue...

(I am french, excuses my mistakes)

Long overdue review for Monsieur Alexander!

I've been thinking of doing Dimpleplasty since the age of 17, I am now 24. I did a lot of research and have stopped my choice on Dr. Jamil Asaria, who appeared to be very experience when it comes to this type of surgery.

My procedure, at first, appeared to me like it was'nt about to go well at all.

It was considered a minor surgery, they regroup a lot of them in the same day, (wich certainly explain some delay) and you don't need to meet the Dr. prior to a consultation (But I'm sure you can request one without any problem).

I remember waiting for what appear to be (as I was quite nervous) a very long period of time, I would say about 90 minutes.

I have also learned in the mean time, that it would not be Dr. Asaria, but Dr. Alexander from who I haven't heard of before, that would perform my dimpleplasty.

Therefore, while waiting, I researched quickly Mr. Alexander and despite seeing great reviews about him, had seen nowhere (and still not to date) any mention of him being capable of this procedure. Nor I have seen any mention of this procedure on his website.

iiiiiiiiihhhhh!

Anyway, after a long moment of wait, I've got to meet Mr. Alexander, & he made on me an excellent impression ; Warm, kind, expressing a genuine interest in my concern... Phew ! He took the time to understand what I expected, and explained what would be possible and what was not. From the way he expressed himself it appear to me, this man knew very well what he was doing.

The procedure and consultation took approximatively an hour all together. Completely painless procedure (and recovery)..!

Now, from the picture that you see this is how I came back home, and how I looked the first 3 days, THIS WAS NOT AT ALL WHAT I EXPECTED, Ah ah !

Especially from what I could read from Dr Asaria, and I quote

'' The procedure is performed from the inside of your mouth with no incisions or scars on the outside skin. ''

'' One of the most satisfying things about dimple creation surgery is that the results are instantaneous. Immediately after the dimpleplasty is completed, you will be able to see your new dimples. ''

'' During the first two to three days after dimple surgery, there can be some swelling in the cheeks and sometimes a little bit of bruising right at the location of the dimple. ''

Ok so, there is no incision outside, but most likely, you will end up with a scar. As you can see on my picture, 4 month after the procedure, with no smile. I have smalls scars, and by ''a little bit of bruising for 3 days'' I guess they meant, you will look like a DISABLE, UNPRESENTABLE CHIPMUNK :)

Then, the second picture, (where I still have the mark) is a week after the procedure still very swollen to a point I can't remove the pencil line.

However Dr. Alexander did advise me, my dimple will be more deep and intense for the first couples of weeks. This, to avoid my dimples to disappear over time. & It was my #1 concern, as it seems quite frequent that people have their dimples disappearing 3 to 6 months after surgery !

Now, as you can see from my picture, the result are absolutely A M A Z I N G, and I am now extremely, extremely, please. (And I can tell they will remain permanent)!!

It was a lot more complicated than what I expected, & I felt like people should know how it might go for them, I had to take a week off, still have scar 5 months later (they keep improving), and had some infection, for about 6 weeks, (but I am very, very, very prone to infection) & it went away almost instantly when I tried garlic as an antibiotic :)

Still, I will do it all over again... !

I am extremely please, And I am positive with some red light treatment, the scars will go away very easily. They don't bother me at all, a small price to pay to have those adorable lines, I now feel like they've always been there.

Dr. Alexander, is very skilled, he made them very well, I mean by this, they suit perfectly my face and follow very well the line of my smile. I wouldn't change a single thing about them.

I plan to undergo 3 more procedure, and there is no doubt for me, I will go to Dr. Alexander directly.

If you have ended up waiting in a room & have just learned they have switched Dr. Asaria for Dr. Alexander... You can be very confident, you are in very good hand. ;)

One week after

Forget to upload the one week after :)
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon