37 Yrs Old Asian - Toronto, ON

I just had my lip lift surgery done yesterday with...

I just had my lip lift surgery done yesterday with Dr tong and already I feel I look 10 yrs younger! so far so good. I have no pain, no swelling(or not that I notice of, my nose looks fine I think)...nothing! I do think I look a bit awkward right now, like I have a cleft lip or something... But somehow I'm able to look pass that (or maybe I just have very good imagination) and see the beauty after the stitches come off. My philtrum length were at 18mm prior the surgery, Dr Tong originally wanted to take 5mm off, but after reading so many reviews on here, I decided to go aggressive on it. I ended up got 8mm off. so yes, I think that's why I look a bit like a rabbit right now(not so bad tho), but I really believe after the stitches come off, and after a couple of months, I'd get the distance I wanted. Everyone at Dr Tong's office were very nice but I want to special thanks Kelly, the nurse who took very good care of me post surgery. Right now I'd say it's worth it! I have no pain, no swelling, no nose distortion like many others were complaining. But I'd update if anything changes and post more photos after the stitches come off.

Day 4

Nothing much has changed since my last update. I haven't experience any pain, didn't take any pain killer. Except I been getting very impatient and a bit frustrated since I can't do a lot of normal activities right now, and I just can't wait to see the final result! I still think I made the right decision for choosing Dr Tong and getting 8mm off but I think I'm going through a bit of post op depression right now, one minute I feel like I'm looking good, and the next minute I feel like I need more work on my face(that could be the result of staying in and starring at the mirror too long) So most of the time I just try to sleep and not think too much about my face right now.
I'll be having the stitches removed on Monday, so looking forward to it!

Day 6(stitches removed)

I got my stitches removed today. There's one scar(as seen in the picture underneath my left nostril) that looks like a scratch there... Other than that, there's no other visible scars that left from the stitches. I went out shopping for the first time today since the surgery and my friend said I looked normal, it didn't really feel like I had a surgery 6 days ago. And the scar underneath of nose just look like a little scratch. We were both very impressed and i'm very surprised how fast I'm healing comparing to a lot of other people on here...not sure if it's bc of my diet...i drink a glass of honey lemon with warm water every morning empty stomach.
Anyway, my friend thinks that I look younger and the scars is looking very nice as for just 6 days...but we both agree that my lips doesn't look natural right now...not sure if it's bc of the shape or my expression bc it's still feel tight and I can't move around that area freely...I'm hoping that is the case and it will improve as the swelling come down.

one month post op

I'm soo sorry girls. I've been soo busy I haven't had any time to update. I'm doing fine. I'm loving my new lips and face! I was a bit worried 2 weeks in, many things have changed since my last update. I thought I was looking a bit odd, and that I wasn't swollen, actually I was swollen but was very subtle that was why I didn't think I was and instead I thought I looked unnatural. But the swollen have gone down now (completely I think) Yes, there's a scar and it changes everyday...some day I get pimple around my scar, some day I get very dry skin there...so it changes the way my scar looks everyday but I think that I look soo much better now than before that my scar look very minor to me. No one ever asked me about the scar except for my ex boyfriend. I think the rest of the people just think that I got a scratch or allergy there cuz it's a bit red...and it's only been a month I believe in time it will become very invisible.
I keep getting compliments about the way I look now. People are telling me Im looking younger these days. I'm very happy I got this done. Right now tho, it is still a bit tight on my upper lips so I still can't smile fully or laugh out loud, and I'm afraid to stretch too big. I went to see Dr Tong last week, and he measured the length was at 12mm. I'm really hoping that this is it and it won't keep stretching more, cuz it just look perfect right now.
Toronto Plastic Surgeon