Saline Unders - Symmastia Revision - Toronto, ON

Hi everyone! I really didn't think I would be...

Hi everyone!

I really didn't think I would be making ANOTHER review this soon after surgery but here I am! I had 390-430 saline implants, under the muscle, through the armpit put in last October 2015. I took 4 weeks off work and then went back to work for another 2 weeks on modified duties. I took EVERY precaution and even kinda went overboard on the recovery I think.

The symmastia started around 7 months post and I noticed, so did everyone else, that my supposed to be "perfect" boobs looked like they were becoming a UNIBOOB. I started wearing a "thong bra" that Dr Jugenburg suggested. The online site charges $200 USD so I went to La Vie en Rose and got a extra small sports bra and I wear it backwards and it works the exact same! I wore that special bra for three months every night and whenever I was home just relaxing. No improvement. So I went back and Dr J decided that he needed to revise the surgery. Obviously at no cost because it is known symmastia to occur this early in the recovery due to surgeon error. They dissect the implants pockets too much causing them to shift together. I am so torn now. I only get three weeks vacation at my new job and I'll have to save it up for this recovery.

I'm not happy with how they are now because they look awful in bathing suits and overall not what I paid for. I just don't want to have to go through the recovery ALL over again! Anyways ladies - I will update all along the way for anyone out there interested in SYMMASTIA surgery/recovery process.

March 2nd - Revision Booked

It's been a while since I posted - so here's the update:

I am having a SYMMASTIA correction surgery March 2nd with my original doctor, Dr. Jugenberg. He is doing the surgery for no cost, which I was so thrilled about! I do have to use personal vacation time from work which isn't the greatest but soon I will love my boobs again and I cannot wait!

Sometimes I feel pressure and an uncomfortable throbbing pain along my sternum. Mostly this happens when I don't wear my thongbra over night.

Dr. J and I had my pre-op this week and he told me I'll have two little incisions under my breasts (my first incisions were through the armpit). And he said he would be stitching along my sternum. In order to make sure the stitches hold I must keep the thongbra on 24/7 for six weeks after surgery. I expected this! I find my thongbra really comfortable so this shouldn't be a problem - I'll just wear turtlenecks every day to work!

I added some pictures of what they look like today - you can see the implants have shifted together in the centre of the sternum! That is what symmastia is!

In terms of recovery, I am booking one night hotel at the Royal York - the hotel is NOT covered after your correction like it is when you have your initial surgery. I'm from 3 hours away so staying overnight is kind of mandatory for me. Afterward I'll be at home for 10 days! After that I'll be back to work! I am in sales so I don't do any lifting - just driving and Dr J said driving is totally fine!

I am SO excited for this surgery, I cannot wait to nurse my boobs back to health and to love them! I love the size, the shape and the feel of them, I just want them to be two boobs and not one! :) Dr J has been great this whole process and I'm excited to see what he can do for them!
Toronto Plastic Surgeon