Gastric Sleeve at OCC Doctor Ariel Ortiz Tijuana - Mexico

I did my research looking first at Colombia and...

I did my research looking first at Colombia and after looking at OCC website and reading reviews and just took my decision in less than a month to change my life for the best I have being overweight since I was 16 year old. I contacted Carolyne at OCC for info and cost I was confident she email me paper work to sign and email back and ask for $500 deposit to book the surgery date I received emails from nutritionist for pre op diet and how many pounds I had to loose before surgery . the next I pay the deposit trhu Paypall. And after that I received an email with receipt for deposit payment. I had to be the whole amount 1 week before surgery date which I did after I stopped receiving emails from my coordinator Carolyne left phone messages nothing ??? I was trying to reach her since she was my coordinator but in vain nothing " at the hotel that they book for its the Marriott they have rooms no Windows so I cannot have a room with no window and also I never received my receipt of payment for the whole amount " I had to call the OCC Concierge and they help me with both issues. On my way to Tijuana from orlando florida that's when my husband told me he call my coordinator and email and finally we have the receipt. The OCC driver called me and pick me up 10mn after I arrived in San Diego there was another patient in the van and we went on our way to borders we had to walk and fill a piece of paper and went at the custom for our luggage it was 5mn total we waited for the driver and went on our way directly to the OCC Clinic not even 15mn we did paper work and spoke to nutritionist and after that I had an EkG and they draw blood and you good to go we where done in less than 30mn We had to wait almost an hour for the driver to pick us up. At arrival at hotel we check in the room is big outdated but clean quiet staff really nice. Included in package 3 broth a day and popsicles they horrible it's just ice but the broth is delicious. Next day at 6.15am 6 people's loaded in the van I become friend with 3 of them really sweet people's I was lucky because I went alone. But not after that day we arrive at the clinic and was number 1 I was glad. I had to change my clothes in restroom because the patient from previous day where still in their room . Doctor Martinez was amazing he explained every detail and was really sweet I woke up in my room and I was sleeved finally I was drowsy most of the day until early night I started walking and after that I was not feeling good nausea the nurse where very professional they have me a shoot and I had a good night asleep in the morning they will ask you to be ready before 6.30am for the next patient but the biggest issue was that at the hotel check in are after 11am if you are alone you had to check out. So we had to wait in lobby for hours until around 10.30am finally got the room and after that on Thursday we had the leak test and we where good to go home . the staff at OCC was excellent I had doctor Ortiz come to my room for a minute to the room but that was it. I had no issues on my way back only the walking when crossing was little though specially after survey . Starting w 214lbs Surgery w 200lbs current weight 188lbs

Before surgery pictures

2 days after surgery

1 month post surgery 15lbs lost

Hello I'm 1 month post op and feeling great I lost 15lbs and I was not happy about it thought could lost more but I had a stall of 2 weeks and I'm back slowly but surely????.
Starting weight 214lbs
Day of surgery 200lbs
Today 185lbs
So if I lose 15lbs this month I will be 170lbs I don't need to go crazy about every lbs not lost from size 16w I'm size 14 now. It's not easy as it look I'm pictures of some before and after we have to work hard on it to get it. I'm so grateful to God and my familly for the support specially my husband.

2 months update since surgery

Still difficult to eat regular food but will get tgere. day of surgery 200lbs as of today 175lbs losing slow. I'm very happy it's not easy your life change specially with food, but that's the goal.

3 weeks difference

I see myself every day in mirror but I don't see the change so I decided to take pictures with same clothes after weeks

2 months and half big difference

Dr Martinez

I had the pleasure to speak to doctor Martinez great he explain every details of surgery and after fluent English very professional. I also had doctor ariel Ortiz visit me in my room really nice doctor.