46yo M. Bullhorn lip lift, corner mouth lift, blepharoplasty. Dr. Sigler - TIjuana

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I had been noticing for the past few years that my...

I had been noticing for the past few years that my upper lip had started looking wider and thinner affecting my entire face. I looked into fillers but after researching on RealSelf, I realized a bullhorn lip lift was more likely what would improve the situation. I live in San Diego and It turns out there were very few Dr's in SoCal I could find that advertised the procedure. Finally on another message board, I ran across a patient who had had a lip lift with Dr. Alicia Sigler in Tijuana. I emailed her and she promptly replied and after emailing her some photos and a through discussion on the phone I booked my surgery for a week later. Since I was going to have a week or so of downtime I decided to also have an upper/lower blepharoplasty for eyes that were staring to become hooded and a scar revision for a 2" scar on my cheek from a previous car accident. I also decide to include a corner lip lift since from my research it looked like just the lip lift sometimes resulted in the corners of the mouth appearing down- turned, The total for all four procedures was $3700 which included all costs (Anesthesia, surgery suite etc) I didn't go to Tijuana looking for a bargain but it was certainly a nice surprise. As far as the experience, I met Dr. Sigler for the first time in person the day of surgery at the surgery center in TJ (about 10 min on the other side of the border). The center was brand new, state of the art and well staffed. The bloodwork was done there right before surgery and I elected to stay the night in one of the centers recovery suites (a well worth additional $100.00) The Dr. visited be the next morning prior to me leaving and gave me all the post op instructions then. I just got back from my 1 week suture removal visit today and again, Dr. Sigler was extremely professional, super nice and was great about answering all my very detailed questions. So far I'm extremely happy with the results. My lip seems to have been raised the amount I was looking for and the scars look to be well hidden along my nose creases. My cheek scar revision looks meticulous and is healing as a thin line, and my eye's look great. I did have some under-eye brusing which looked pretty bad the first few days but it is now day 7 and they have faded to pink/green/pale yellow so I'm hoping they will be sufficiently covered by my glasses when I return to work on Monday. I'd highly recommend Dr. Sigler and I'm happy to talk to anyone interested in getting more details.

5 days post-op

Eyes 2 days post op

Mouth area prior to lip lift.

Mouth area prior to lip lift. (including old scar along naolabial fold)

Eyes before & 5 days post Blepharoplasty

2 month update

Just wanted to post an update since 2months seems to be like a good time for things to settle in. So I'm still really happy with both my eyes and lip lift. (and cheek scar revision but I'm not chronicling that here) The eye and mouth scars are now barely noticeable (though it was very easy to hide the corner mouth lift incisions with stubble until they faded. When I shaved there were much more apparent for the first 3-4 weeks) Also, someone asked me what the small bump was on the outer corner of my eye in the 2 week photos. That concerned me as well and Dr. Sigler said that's where the incision ends so it it initially gathered so the scar heals flat/as thin as possible. Sure enough over the past few months the bump has flattened out and is now gone. The other issue I just remembered is that my lip lift incisions are mostly hidden inside my nostrils so there is basically no scar under my nose. I've seen some photos where the patients scar just goes almost straight across the bottom of the nostrils and it much more noticeable. The only downside (for me) is that I kind of have to shave up into my nostril a little bit but really no big deal. Lastly, I wasn't looking for "tooth show" when not smiling as a sort of posters seem to be, rather to shorten a long lip. A bonus has been that when I do smile you can actually see my teeth. They used to be almost completely covered, and the biggest reaction has been how nice my smile looks. Something I never used to get. Best luck to everyone in their journeys and one more shout out to Dr. Sigler who is just an awesome doc.

Smile at 2 months

Posting Smile Pic at 2 months
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Great surgeon, great bedside manner, professional. She was very responsive via email and took her time on the phone both prior to and after the procedure. She also works on children with cleft palate so I felt like i was in good hands for my lip lift, eyes and scar revision procedures.