I Almost Died - Mexico, MO

I was so excited to have a make-over with Dr...

I was so excited to have a make-over with Dr Suarez. His reviews were great and his staff seemed very knowledgeable.
I met with Dr Suarez the day before surgery and I felt like I was in great hands. I spent the night at his hospital and I had surgery early the next morning.
The first thing I remember after surgery is that I couldn't breathe. I couldn't speak or move yet from the effects of the anesthesia and I knew I was in trouble. You see I have sleep apnea. The day before surgery when I met with the anesthesiologist I informed her of my condition and the fact that I had brought my C-Pap machine with me. She assured me that she would take it with her to surgery.
Apparently they figured out that I wasn't able to breathe because the next time I woke up, I had the mask on.
It was a hard surgery but it would have been worth it if things hadn't gone down-hill from there. Before I returned to the states (I stayed in Tijuana for 1 week after surgery) I informed Dr Suarez that I didn't feel right; that something was wrong. He and his staff kept assuring me that everything I was feeling was to be expected. I believed them.
Within one week of returning to Colorado I had my first visit to the emergency room. I was in desperate pain and I was sick to boot. I had an infection- - -the first of many.
I went home and started anti-biotics. I was back in the emergency room within 10 days with yet ANOTHER infection. More anti-biotics...
I thought surely I'm at the end of my horrible ordeal by this point. I was wrong.
I woke up on a Thursday not feeling quite right. Within hours I had a fever of 104 and I knew I had to go back to the emergency room. I was hospitalized for yet another infection. I was on vancomycin and zoysyn for 3 days.
Finally now after almost 3 months of emergency rooms and hospitalizations, I am healing.
I also developed necrosis in my coccyx area as well as my umbilical area. I had to see a wound care specialist for that.

I developed a seroma after removing the surgery drains at Dr Suarez's guidance. The seroma had to be drained.
I hope my story will help just one person. Please let something good come from my horrific experience.
Find a different surgeon!!!
Cer-Clinic and Dr Suarez were a night mare. One that quite literally I almost never woke up from.
Don't go there. If you value your life- don't go there.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon