34, Low BMI Sleeve in Tijuana -- Dr. Ramos Kelly

Let's begin with the pertinent stats: I began this...

Let's begin with the pertinent stats:
I began this journey at 5'3/186lbs. I have always struggled with maintaining my weight, and when my husband left me this past fall, I really needed to focus on reinventing myself.

I decided to go the with VSG in Tijuana for a variety of reasons:

1.) The out-of-pocket cost of VSG would be upwards of $17,000 for someone like me (i.e. under 40BMI).
2.) The rave reviews on YouTube, Real Self, and a number of other online sources that relieved any apprehension I had about medical tourism.
3.) I needed help in achieving control over some obvious food addictions, problems with portion control and other bad habits. VSG is helping me believe in myself again. I only regret not having done this sooner.

How it went in Tijuana with Dr. Ramos Kelly:

I interfaced with Canada-based Heath Townson who was able to answer my questions and schedule my surgery. Heath is very knowledgeable and has undergone VSG as well. I was amazed at how easy this surgery was to book; only needing to provide a holding deposit that would be applied to the total once I arrived in MX. I was able to book my surgery within 2 weeks of having spoken to Heath.

I was instructed to adopt a low carb diet 10 days prior to surgery which was not difficult for me to do, since I am perpetually on a low carb diet. I was asked to send along signed agreements and travel plans to coordinate air port pick up (from San Diego to cross the border into Tijuana). I was also asked to plan on staying 5 days. The first day was for lab work, surgery on the second day, recovery on days 3/4 and flight out on day 5. In addition to the surgery costs, I had to pay for two hotel nights (on days not in the hospital) and the flights to and from San Diego.

When I arrived in San Diego, the driver Jorge came to pick me up in a silver van. He was a lovely man, very knowledgeable on the surgery itself, and made me feel at ease. The next stop, after crossing the border, was to go pay for the remaining balance and get lab work done.

The next day, I met with all the doctors that would be monitoring my surgery. And had surgery promptly at 10 am. I recovered over the next two days, had no complications, and was on my way back home on the 5th day.

Over the course of my time in Tijuana, I received the most compassionate care I have ever received in my life. I cannot say enough good things about the staff at San Juan clinic. The doctor himself was great, highly involved and concerned with my health. I was happy with my decision.

So, as I sit here, 33 days (4 weeks) post op, I weighed in at 170 lbs. That is a 16 lb drop - I am already a size down. I still have a long way to go, but I am absolutely happy I did it. I will provide updates as appropriate.
Dr. Ramos-Kelly

Dr. Ramos Kelly is fantastic. He is a very involved surgeon, and I am very happy I made the choice to have him do my VSG surgery. In addition, Dr. Kelly's staff is fantastic. I was provided location options on where to recover, and chose to stay at San Juan clinic. The nurses that took care of me where fantastic. I truly felt cared for and in good hands. In addition, I was provided with a video and x-rays of my surgery, should I need aftercare in the future. I highly recommend Dr. Ramos Kelly if you are thinking of VSG in Tijuana.