I Still Cry About It Occasionally. - Thunder Bay, ON

I was a very active person, but could no longer...

I was a very active person, but could no longer run, jump or remain in my favorites sports from age 15 on, due to my over-sized breasts. Ontario covered me for a breast reduction due to back pain, rashes, and the denting of my bones from my bra. I was referred to Thibert and he hardly talked to me in consultation, or even looked me in the eye, and though I asked, no one in his office showed me a portfolio of his work. I kept the appointment, not knowing I was allowed to request a different surgeon. The day of the surgery he asked how small I would prefer to be, and I said I'd prefer a B or C (I was an F). I wanted to be able to run again. A month after surgery I excitedly went to get fitted for my first new bra, and was told I was a DD. I started crying.

I still can't run, or jump, or do any of the sports I used to enjoy. I still have horrible back pain, bras denting my shoulders, and get rashes, and also zits in the dimples his stitches left.

The surgery did nothing except give me scars and stretched nipples that look nothing like they did before... he did nothing to alleviate my pain and discomfort, and the government will only pay for the procedure once.
Ontario Plastic Surgeon

I was referred to Thibert and he hardly talked to me in consultation, or even looked me in the eye, and though I asked, no one in his office showed me a portfolio of his work. The day of the surgery he asked how small I would prefer to be, and I said I'd prefer a B or C (I was an F). He left me with DD's, which are now DDD's (the reason I asked for B's was because I knew I might continue to grow). He did nothing to alleviate my pain or discomfort. The stitches were not very finely done and left dimples, and have become a breeding ground for blackheads. My nipples changed shape drastically, though I wasn't looking for perfection, I just wanted to be able to run again. I still can't run, I still can't find a bra that won't hurt, and I still get rashes on the undersides, worse than before the surgery. My surgery helped none of my symptoms, and OHIP will not pay for a second surgery. Now I have to save money in hopes that someday I can find another surgeon to fix what he refused to.