48yo Circumferential Abdominal Vaser Liposuction - Thailand, TH

As a male to female transgender woman I wanted to...

As a male to female transgender woman I wanted to minimise the abdominál fat which contributes to the flat sided look i.e I wanted to. Do as much as I could towards narrowing my waist. DR Jib (Dr Pongsatorn) examined me and said there was a pouch of fat on my tummy, barely any on my sides (2-3mm) and fat pads on my flanks. He expected to be able to remove worthwhile quantities of fat from my tummy and flanks but not much from my sides. He also pointed out that my abdominal muscle structure was loose and that was making a significant contribution to having a tummy bulge. I.e. the lipo wasnt going to correct that part and an abdominal workout routine would be needed in addition to the lipo.

They've got me staying 2 nights in the hospital. I think mainly to monitor me and make sure there is no sign of infection. I stayed in bed until about 10am the day after the op. They removed the catheter then and i was up and walking around after that. The surgery was 4 hrs plus 1 hr in recovery. They'd put on the compression garment before i woke up. The pain has been very little. I had some panadol tabs the morning after the surgery, thats it so far. The DR wants me to wear the garment 24hrs a day for 5 days before taking it off to shower ... yep 5 days without a shower. He also suggested I continue wearing the garment for 6 weeks. I doubt that will happen .

Pre Op Photos and 36 hrs after

Feeling pretty mobile on day two. Muscles feel sore like having done an abs workout but nothing that warrants taking painkillers. I think the compression garment is too short for me - it hasn't covered the lines he marked at the top of my abs and it goes down my legs where it is not needed at all. He did wrap a bandage around the my ribs below my boobs but that had slackened off fairly quickly, no one seemed to check it or tighten it.

I've noticed I'm peeing a lot, having said that Ihave been drinking tea and coffee quite a bit albeit they are very small cups

3 days post

I'm feeling well. Have switched to a different compression garment since hospital supplied garment did not cover op area. Trouble is ut has a closed crotch and needs to be removed to pee. Hence docs 5 days solid in the compression garment is not really doable. The new garment is not as tight as the hospital one. Swelling has increased a little i think but not bad. Have been out shopping via walking around phuket all day today. Not feeling pain. Skin is numb in varying degrees over the operation areas.

7 weeks post op

At the 7 week mark my abdomen is feeling soft whereas it was feeling quite hard up until a week or two ago. Swelling has gradually subsided. The incisions are readily visible but dont look too bad. The only thing that is not how I like it is that my abdomen seems a bit lumpy or uneven like there are small pockets of fat that are still present.
Dr Pongsatorn

Dr Pongsatorn was friendly and approachable and easy enouh to communicate with. I was back in my room about 4pm after surgery and I didnt see him again until about 10am the next day. For paying PPSI I would suggest using a company like oz forex to transfer payment into the Thai bank. Doing so saved me 700AUD compared to the bank transfer procedure the hospital recommended.