Scared to Share but What the Hell! - Texas

I honestly contemplated having ps for a number of...

I honestly contemplated having ps for a number of years. I have been a member of RS for nearly a year and I have reviewed many of the postings from the courageous women on the who so generously shared their stories with thousands of strangers. Originally, I wanted to go to Dr. Yily because of her ability to deliver those signature curves. However, I grew a bit uncomfortable with the notion of going so far away from home alone. So I perused RS looking at various websites and b&a pics- still not convinced that I was actually ready. About a month ago, I started to feel a bit more prepared. For me, timing was very important because my life is slam packed with active kids and a demanding job that makes recovery a tricky thing to manage. However, when a dear friend of mine shared her experience with me I was not only convinced that it was time to do it, I was convinced that Dr. Newell is the absolute best person to perform my transformation.

Fast forward to this afternoon, I landed in Houston prepared for my pre-op visit. I was definitely feeling a bit anxious because I was alone and didn't know what to expect. My friend's teenage daughter picked me up and that was cool, but let me tell you, when you commit to this, you should do your absolute best to make sure that everything goes as smooth as possible because the stress makes an already nerve wrecking experience 10 x's worse. But she was a doll and a trooper so I appreciated her for being a part of the journey. I booked a hotel that has a full refrigerator and stove because I think that will be helpful if I decide to cook or warm things up. I went shopping today and spent too much on food and snacks I am sure. I just don't want to spend anymore money than necessary because staying away from home for 5 days can really add up. They provide all of the supplies I needed including vitamins, maxi pads to absorb the fluids and I filled my prescriptions. I feel ready and set to go.

Tonight I ate well and I am preparing to take my little anxiety pill with some water and get ready for the change I want to see.... I will check in later.

I still have a ton of work to do on my own to achieve the figure desire, but I am extremely pleased with my results so far and can't wait to see the final results.

Loving My Results So Far

I am doing well. Will update with photos today or tomorrow.

Okay.... Before and Now

Hey ladies... I am finally able to send a couple of photos. Of course I take pics nearly every day. The difference has been so gradual since I passed the one week mark that I just did this side by side photo of me 2 weeks before and today, nearly 2 weeks after.

More info about recovery

I also wanted to share a tiny bit about my recovery. So I am healing well. Still very sore. Feels sort of tight like my skin is being pulled when I try to stretch my limbs. When people press, hit or lean the affected areas, I want to scream. I have 3 kids and only my daughter knows because my boys couldn't handle it. LOL. She was super helpful and caring upon my return. She is only 12 but she made it easier to take care of my incisions. I had a lymphatic massage after my incisions stopped leaking. The ones on my arms took the longest to close. The masseuse said that my lymph system did not have any lumps. So I am healing well. What else... oh also, don't overdo it. If you can relax for a week please do so. The mental and physical stress can overwhelm you and you can become overly sensitive and snap on someone if they rub you the wrong way, figuratively and literally. Make sure you maintain a balanced diet and try as hard as you can to drink the recommended 68 oz. of water a day. I find that I have more swelling on days that I neglect to do so. At night, my swelling is worse and in the morning, which is when the photos were taken, there is much less swelling. I have more swelling in my pubic area than I am comfortable with. I am still wearing all of the compression garments. I will do so until the two week mark. Then I will wear spanx during the day and the full suit at night. I have been using Mederma PM at night and silicon strips during the day to speed the healing of the scars, which are noticeable but nothing to cry about. Lastly, the bruising was brutal. I am excited to say that much of the bruising has diminished. Overall, I am super pleased and excited knowing that I am not even 2 weeks in and I love my results. Just think.. they say that you won't see 80% post op results until 3 months!!!! If this is 20%, I can truly say the best is yet to come. As I have more dramatic improvements, I will post pics.

Until then, take care lovelies!
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Newall was very confident and I appreciate the fact that he and his staff know just what I want. I can't wait until I see the results.