Terrible bed side manner and post-op treatment

4 Nov 2016
Updated

1 day ago

Terrible bed side manner and post-op treatment

I received a breast augmentation from the doctor earlier this year. Though he does great work in terms of the surgery, I was very disappointed with his bedside manner. The entire establishment is very poorly run. When I had arrived for my consultation, Dr. Kim spoke the entire time, leaving very little time for Q&A. I had to schedule a follow up consultation with him where my questions were treated as overcomplicated (all of which were valid questions to ask before deciding to move forwards with any surgical procedure). Prior to surgery, I was never contacted by his office or provided any materials for pre-op. I had to call in multiple times to ask for materials. Patient contract is also not provided in advance, which means on the day of surgery, you are shown the contract via a digital tablet. Given you're on a tight schedule the day of, you do not have enough time to go through the fine print before being asked to sign. Post-op, I was supposed to receive two check-ups to confirm everything was okay. The office never called me to set up these appointments, so again, I had to do the leg work of calling and reconfirming the doctor's missed appointments. All in all, I did not feel cared for as a valued patient. The entire process felt like a transactional relationship, and though I am happy with my implants, I would not recommend Dr. Kim.