Fat Fit, Needing to Drop Some Pounds

Tarzana Bariatric Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 reviews
Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am not the typical overweight person. I work out...

I am not the typical overweight person. I work out pretty regularly and stay active. As I approach my 50's it has become increasingly difficult to lose weight. It is my hope that the balloon will inhibit food intake so that I can retrain myself and get educated about how much is enough. Since this procedure requires no cutting I was willing to give it a try.

Crazy nausea

Days 1 and 2 have been pretty miserable. Nothing stays down, no water, ice chips, Popsicles, medication all comes up. My stomach is empty and I'm thirsty. Tiny sips of ice cold water helps for a short while.

Sleeping, if you can,must be done on your left side. I feel very weak.

First 5 Days 12 pounds lost

I know its just water, but I do see a jawline again.

One week. THIS WORKS!

I am NOT HUNGRY ????
I sincerely have to remind myself to eat.
Had a follow up with the Dr. today
Says all looks good. I finally feel like myself again. 13.5 lbs.lost
Breakfast 1/4 cup coffee, 1/4 cup grits.
Water
3:30 less than half a cup of pureed beef stew. I have a feeling the pot I made is going to last a while. Very hearty. Gives me everything. Makes me feel full
6:05 the best poop EVERRRRR
Feeling lighter than ever I took a walk to the tennis courts. I got ahead of myself, was a puddle by the time I got home but feeling optimistic. Not today. But soon
Rewarded myself with a sugarfree green jello, *YUCK!!!
Water
Cleaned up my house until 9:00, took vitamins supplements and meds. Bath.
I got this!

Back to the Gym

First day in the gym feels awkward. You won't feel the balloon inside but there will be a faint sense of tension in your chest. Take it easy. Elliptical. Muscle toning. I need new gym clothes I sincerely see the difference. Will try swimming tomorrow.

Oh What A Relief it is!!!!

Been able to do three days in the gym per week consistently. Of course some days are better than others. Bought a pedometer for $5. My arch nemesis: GERD. Acid reflux is getting my nerves!! I am able to eat VERY small meals, but when I do it seems like they aren't digesting. In the middle of the night I get a horrible burning, sour stomach feeling. Just awful. Water just dilutes it. Makes more. Texted my Dr. and good news I can use Alka Seltzer!! It worked
Stock up on chews when you're on the go, they even have an added benefit of Calcium, the old school fizzy works great! Day of Balloon weight, 238, weight today 214!!

Two Months in, 30lbs OUT!

What more can I say other than it works! I had a few setbacks during Thanksgiving, but it's still working! That's the good news. The bad: you always feel a little "green around the gills", sort of ill, but not so bad that you can't function, just a little "off". Another downside, you don't feel "sexy" when you're sick even though you look fabulous, hard to get excited when nausea strikes. Relationship advice, "do *it* ANYWAY". You look good! Fashion advice, throw away the lame sweats, flats and moo moos, buy GOOD clothes because dammit you deserve it!

Going on a cruise to the Bahamas Christmas thru NYE, will keep you updated, how am I going to deal with nausea and AYCE buffets? Hopefully with a smile????

Happy New Year!

After an 8 day Christmas cruise that ended with New Years eve in Las Vegas I can still say with confidence that the baloon works. Cruises are all ABOUT THE FOOD! Did I eat more than I should have? Of course, there were so many amazing options, late nights, cocktails and treats, it was Christmas, but I DID NOT OVEREAT! It was amazing to be able to sample and walk away. Most people gain an average of 6-15lbs on a cruise vacation, I still managed to lose! Today I am at 203 from 238! Rich foods in small portiobs wont hurt you. Now back to shakes and discipline!

Balloon police

50lbs in 4 months....meh

I don't know, I guess I expected trumpets or fanfare, but there was none. Can I tell the difference? Yes. Is it as dramatic as in my dreams? Not really. Damn I was fat as hell! How come nobody said anything? 50lbs barely made a dent! I need new clothes, but I can still wear some of the old ones! Lord have mercy. I have lost weight and my curves dictate that I am heavy, but I'm no longer *unhealthy fat.
The positive:
Jeans, 12/14 with stretch
St. John Knits Dress 8/10
Rings 6
Shoes 8.5 from 9.5, over knee boots fit.
I have more energy but the balloon makes me feel a little bit of sickly every day. Have dramatically reduced meal sizes and I work on training myself to make better choices every day.
The balloon is helping, but it does not feel *normal* it's a *thing...
Tarzana Bariatric Surgeon

Very nice, got me in and out very quickly, answered all questions. Stays in touch post op ,texting and checking your progress. Very thorough.