5'2, 108 lbs. Brazilian butt lift! Tampa, FL
I have been considering this procedure for quite...
Pre op done
He discussed with me how he injects the fat just above the muscle. We also discussed the use of drains. He states that he doesn't use the drains, but instead leaves the injection site open so it can drain, and that it will close up in a few days.
He was lively, direct, jokey, and overall made me feel at ease. I'm a firm believer in "going with your gut " and mine tells me I made the right choice. Now let's hope my gut does go! Straight to my butt!
He also stated that he believes arnica bromelein helps. The arnica helps with swelling and the bromelein with bruising, although it won't got away with this 100%
Will update soon with before and after pictures.
Before pics...sad..just sad...lol
Day of treatment
Then Dr Castor came in a discussed with me once more my wishes and what he was going to do. He marked me up and then the anestiologist came in.
She was extremely nice and I felt 100% comfortable with her. She told me that she had been an anestiologist for 19 years, from Saint Petersburg , and drives the hour + to get to Castor's office because she loves working with him and they just vibe well. She explained that she would expect giving me pain meds, anti biotics , and anti nausea through my IV. She plugged into my IV and I was out before I knew it.
I woke up just after 6pm and I was in pain. The pain felt like I was so extremely sore and getting into my Faja was a bit of a task. I was wheeled to my van, where my boyfriend has taken out the back seats and made me a bed. The hour ride home was fine as long as I could stay still. Getting in and out of the van was a task because I couldn't prop myself up due to the soreness in my torso. I used my upper body to drag myself out. Made it to my bed, took two pain pills and I feel decent.
I woke up about 10 pm to pee. Since my Faja unbuttoned at the crotch, this made it so much easier. The female urinal was a life saver! I'm able to scoot around a bit. My current paid level is about a 5 when I am laying here, and a 6 when I get up to walk. I haven't even looked Through my results yet. I have a dress on over my faja. The halter kind with no straps. Seems the easiest. So far only the first two hours were the worst.
I'll post motr pics tomorrow . I haven't seen it but my boyfriend thinks it looks outstanding.
Another bonus is that the congestion and sinus infection I thought I was getting is completely gone!
Ladies don't be intimidated to get this done. It's over before you know itd. They told me they put 600 cc each cheek. And my butt does not feel like it's on fire like I was told it might.
Day 1 post op - 16hrs in
one more pic
before and after
best way to lay
My only concern is that I haven't been clipping my Faja at the crotch area because it's hard to do everytime I pee and because I'm trying to keep compression off my butt. I hope this doesn't cause any unevenness in my lipo area. Also, isn't the butt supposed to have some compression ro minimize swelling? ?
My journey and advise thus far....
Maybe mine was a mini bbl? He injected 600 cc into each cheek, but I don't know how much he took out. Will find out more tomorrow at my post op. My swelling is going down a lot also
To describe my level of pain at this moment is this: I vacuumed the house and did two loads of laundry today. I can bend down by the knees and feel only a slight soreness.
Here are some of the things I wish I did differently:
- Make sure to take pain meds 30 minutes before attempting to get up - these were the difference between feeling like a train wreck and feeling like I worked out hard. I'm off of them completely now.
- Prep my bed with towels for the 1st night for leakage. I didn't do this and had to wash my sheets. Not fun after my first night.
- Stocked up on all food and drinks - straws are helpful for those times when you cant lift your head much due to the soreness in torso
- Systematically set up bath room with things you need. Meaning, don't have your female urinal on the other side of the bathroom. Also place towel on toilet tank so you have somewhere to put it temporarily when youre done. Have plastic bags on vanity to discard bandage changes and wipes so you don't have to bend down or look for somewhere to throw them out. Believe me, once they are soiled and off, you want them GONE! Place wipes near toilet and some near sink. Make sure to have bandaids and surgical tape handy. I switched to bandaids after the draining was complete and covered it with a gauze just for extra padding.
- Have a bottle of water handy near or on your bed to avoid dehydration and when you can barely move. Put it where you can reach it easily. Not on the night stand. I put mine on the footboard or just let it stay on the bed.
-Have house dresses handy and arm level. Twice I dropped them and couldn't bend to pick them up. I used the kind with elastic on the breast - no straps. Just slips on and off. Easiest cover up with little hassle.
-Move your cell phone charger closer to where youre recovery will be.
- Keep a few extra little towels handy. I kept one on the bed because I kept drooling from the way I was sleeping lol. And I kept one on the vanity to dry my under region after using wipes (before I could shower).
All the little things so you don't have to move so much. Make everything as convenient as possible.
I cant wait to hear all of your stories!!
Post op appt
He took out 1800 cc of fat and put in 1200. He said the remainder of the fat wasn't really usable but he put in what he could use.
He told he to put neosporin on the incisions and to switch to a waist trainer. He confirmed that no pressure needs to be on butt or hips where fat was injected.
He said I will see better results because I shouldn't lose too much volume in my butt but my waist will go down significantly since I'm still swollen.
My next project....invent a better way to sleep. I know this...incentives need something firm but soft (like a piece of cushion or foam) to prop my my torso and something to lay my head on and keep it straight so my neck doesn't get so sore. Not only does it hurt your neck, but the strain on your arms from constantly using it to prop your head. Will keep you informed. :)
BM first attempt
So I attempted one today....was on toilet for quite some time trying. I used one of those pool noodles to support my thighs while the palms of my hands against the front of the seat supported my body. It seemed to work as far as support. Just thought I'd share. My suggestion is to get a thicker pool noodle than one did.
Back to work
I'm in no pain, Not really lumpy, just numb still in lipo areas.
If you're looking for a doctor that's American Plastic surgery board certified, listens to his patients, experienced, calm, straight forward and honest, delivers what he states, excellent at his profession, no professional issues, takes time to answer your questions, and has an excellent staff, Book your surgery with Doctor Castor.