40 Year Old, Lipo W/Fat Transfer to Hips & Buttocks. Tampa, FL

After living with a flat bottom for 40 years I...

After living with a flat bottom for 40 years I finally did something about it. I stumbled across Real Self and began reading about BBL procedures and decided that I wanted a butt and was willing to pay for it. I was terrified and still can't believe that I followed through but I did and I'm so glad! I actually had my procedure performed in two parts due to the amount of work that I wanted done. On 5/27/15 I had Lipo on my arms, upper and lower abdomen. I was not prepared for the pain I felt during the numbing process but the procedure itself was not uncomfortable. I was numb for the 1st 24 hrs but experienced some discomfort on the 2nd & 3rd day which I took Vicodin to tolerate. I stopped the medication on day three. I still had some minor pain but nothing uncomfortable. It felt like bruising which I also had on my arms. I used Arnica gel which helped with that pain as well as the itching (which is from the healing & tightening of the skin) and a little burning sensation I had in my upper abdomen. I'm also told the burning is common and it disappeared around day five. I experienced draining from the incision sites which stopped around day 4 and I was able to discontinue use of the gauze bandages and pads (maxi pads were great for absorbing the fluid) and use waterproof bandages instead. By day 7 when I returned for the other procedures I was feeling great. On 5/27/15 I had Lipo of the bra fat area, love handles, lower back, & flanks w/fat transfer to my buttocks. Again, the numbing was a horrible experience but the procedure went well with very little discomfort. He even carved out my waistline! When I went to change my bandages that night and looked at myself in the mirror I was thrilled! I had curves that I could believe! I waist looked fantastic and I had hips that looked amazing! Although there is still swelling I am very pleased with what I see so far and can't wait to see what the next few weeks bring.

Before and After Pics

The pics in the beige are after the 1st procedure which was just Lipo of arms (not shown) and upper and lower abdomen. Pics in the black are after final procedure which was Lipo of bra fat,love handles, flanks, lower back and fat transfer to buttocks.
Dr. Robert Miles

I almost did not use Dr. Miles based on reviews that I read here on Real Self. Thankfully I knew someone who had used him and recommended him to me. She insisted that he was great and I went based on her opinion and I'm so glad I did. I flew in a few days early so that I could meet Dr. Miles in person and see the facility for myself. Dr. Miles was very kind and patient and carefully informed me on exactly what would be taking place. He told me the good along with the bad (that would be painful, how long it would take to see results, etc...) and answered all of my questions. It was evident that he was knowledgeable about what he does and he told me a lot about his background and credentials. I felt extremely comfortable with continuing with the surgery. One review that I read here stated that he had a terrible bedside manner. I found this to be completely false. Dr. Miles took care to make sure that I was comfortable throughout both procedures. He talked to me the entire time frequently asking if I was ok and how I was feeling. He told me stories, jokes, and even SANG TO ME during the surgery. He actually had the best bedside manner of any doctor I've ever had. When I met him for my post-op appointment today he insisted that I keep in touch. He assured me that he is there for me anytime I need him and hugged me when I left. I absolutely love Dr. Miles and highly recommend him. All of Dr. Miles staff, his assistant Jordan, and nurses Emily and Isabel were all great as well. I've been in such constant communication with them for so long that I feel like they are old friends now. I will definitely return there in the future if I find the need for other services.