Eyelid Surgery - Tacoma, WA

My Optometrist referred me to Dr. Woodman as a...

My Optometrist referred me to Dr. Woodman as a candidate for the eyelid surgery. Because my eyelids drooped so much, I was always trying to pull them up by raising my forehead. That caused a certain amount of strain, especially when reading. Dr. Woodman clearly communicated all aspects of the surgery, and answered all my questions. As an 'external processor', I need explanations repeated which he did patiently. His office staff was wonderful as well. They got all the required approvals from my insurance - all I had to do was show up! I appreciated the convenience of having the initial consultation at his Federal Way office which is much closer to my home. The surgery was performed in Tacoma at the surgical center which is a lovely facility and very easy to get to from the freeway. His staff was all wonderful and very caring. The day of my surgery, procedures were delayed slightly because the sterilization autoclave was awaiting a part for repair. There seemed to be some general frustration over the delay, but Dr. Woodman didn't exhibit any. He was quite unruffled and maintained a calm, positive demeanor. All went well, and follow up was great. For my last follow up, I was quite late, but Dr. Woodman dismissed it graciously and still fit me in. As far as the results of the procedure - I am quite pleased. Not only can I read with less strain, but I look better too!
Tacoma Oculoplastic Surgeon

I highly recommend Dr. Woodman - he explained everything clearly, and answered all my questions patiently. He was clear as far as what I could and could not expect from the procedure. I am very pleased with the results - the healing went smoothly - any scars are minimal and hidden. I think he did a great job! He is also friendly, which is a plus!