Mid-40s Lady Wanting to Stay Pretty with Minimal Down Time & Trauma- Tacoma, WA

I have a small hereditary double chin & big...

I have a small hereditary double chin & big hereditary jowls, thanks Dad :-) and they have aged faster than the rest of me. I have gotten by into my mid 40s with microdermabrasion facials and the odd Venus or Dysport tx, so Lipo on my chin & jowls was a big step. I had a weird fat pocket in my chin that made my face uneven too. I am super active and didn't want lots of down time so I chose the Sono Bello in Tacoma after asking for the creds of all their docs. My doc was Brian McIntosh, a Bellevue reconstuction guy and I liked how he has put people back together after bad accidents and breast cancer, I figured he could handle my little fat pocket. The team there was terrific, and really helped me problem solve when my car died before my pre-op and when my ride canceled last minute. The procedure was gross but not daunting. I could definitely feel the Roto-rooter and suction but I had Xanax and oxy and a lot of tumescent fluid inside numbing me up. I slept the rest of the day and was up walking that evening, unfortunately returned to work that next day - I would recommend 3 days convalescence and I am nursing a cold 5 days post-op. My face is swollen up like a bowling ball (being religious about the compression garment and Arnica by mouth and topical) but I think I can see a difference.

1 week post

Not looking bad! Bruising is almost gone, still swollen, went for my follow up and they were pleased with my healing. Caught a rotten cold - my advice is try to live as stress-free as possible around the time of the procedure and don't go back to work the next day.

13 days post

Found a couple more before pics

15 days, swollen after big workout

A strenuous workout at 4000ft ASL may may not be that great for swelling! Take it easy, Ladies & (Gents)!

5 weeks post

Looking good. Jowls almost gone, underside still pretty swollen, especially with spring training. People notice I look good But can't say why... ????

Photos 5wks post

A few pics 5wks later...

The 3/4 profile i used to have.

5-6wks post. Love the incredible shrinking jowls. Happy to rock my black turtle neck again!

A few photos at 3.5mo

Swelling finally going down. Results are subtle but very nice.

4 months

Climbed Mt. Hood the other day and can feel it is swollen & achy, but looking good!
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Friendly, put me at ease but also very professional. Everyone was great.