Allergic Reaction to Glycolic-success with Mandelic - Syracuse, NY

I approached my dermatologist about the...

I approached my dermatologist about the "ruddiness" appearance my skin was taking as I age. I felt my pores were growing larger and looked like an orange peel around my nose. I also wanted to achieve a brighter, smoother appearance. He referred me to his wife, a licensed aesthetician who recommended the Glytone Glycolic Peel 10%. I had an allergic reaction to the peel. She had prepared me for possible (but not probable) side effects so I was not too worried. She gave me Avene healing cream and monitered my reaction, which is uncommon but possible. I experienced severe redness and mild to moderate scanning. I'll attach pics below. Eventually, in about a week, my skin looked fantastic. It healed beautifully. A month or so later at my next appointment, my aesthetician opted for the Glytone Mandelic peel. I've been getting it ever since and have had fantastic results!! I've achieved most of my goals, the ruddiness is gone, my skin is visibly brighter and smoother. There are still some visible brown spots but we've discussed laser treatments for them. Overall, I'm hooked on peels now. I don't buy as much product bc I don't feel I need much else besides Vit C and SPF. I recommend consulting with your derm or aesthetician about which peel is best for your skin type. Plan for about 4 days of down time JUST INCASE you have a reaction like I did. Be prepared and keep a good healing cream, a hat and SPF handy to protect your investment! I'll post pics below... First of my reaction to Glycolic and then my before/during/after shots from Jan-Dec 2015
Kim Housel

The Housels make a great team. Dr. Housel is the Dermatologist/Surgeon and his wife, Kim is the Aesthetician. They make an excellent team. For peels, I worked with Kim. She is very knowledgeable and easy to talk to, very kind and very patient. I feel she has my best interest at heart as her patient and she takes care when administering peels.