Nose Job Success - Sydney, AU

I'm writing this review because when I was...

I'm writing this review because when I was considering rhinoplasty I relied heavily on forums and blogs for feedback on surgeons and ultimately they helped make my decision, (the best decision I ever made) so I feel I should contribute to help others. Although I live in Sydney I searched for rhinoplasty plastic surgeons all over Australia for over a year before making my decision - i spent thousands on consultations. I flew down to melbourne to visit recommended practitioners as well as seeing over 8 here in Sydney. I truly felt like none were very confident or expert and profession in their approach - and I didn't feel truly safe in the hands of anybody until I met Dr Marcells. Now I'll admit, when I walked in to dr Marcell's clinic in Bondi Junction i wasn't sure he was for me based on the dated decor - how wrong I was. I found out about Dr Marcells from my GP whose opinion id asked after feeling at a loss about my search the perfect surgeon. Dr Marcells is known within the industry as the 'king of rhino' - a true professional. After meeting George (Marcells) I realised he was a few things about him 1) the man for he job 2) very to the point and confident in his approach 3) not the kind of man who will spend hours talking you off the ledge. Now, I am a very anxious person and having a nose job was a MASSIVE deal for me, so I needed reassurance - number 3 did jar with me a big and if I could feedback honestly to Dr Marcells it would be to say he needs to spend more time reassuring... But that is the only gripe I have. The whole process was unbelievable pain free, there is of course a few weeks downtime - and after 3 months I was panicking about the bump in my nose and the size of the tip. I hate how when reading through these posts people say "at 3 months your nose should be perfect" - bullshit. Mine took 5 month until i was happy with it. In all honesty I'm actually so happy my nose I could cry! I can't believe I waiting until 32 to do it - that said, I may not have have been introduced to Dr Marcells and I'd rather wait 32 years over to have him do the job than anyone else. He's seriously the best.

Dr Marcells - Rhinoplasty God

Although I live in Sydney I searched for rhinoplasty plastic surgeons all over Australia for over a year before making my decision - i spent thousands on consultations. I flew down to melbourne to visit recommended practitioners as well as seeing over 8 here in Sydney. I didn't feel as if any were confident or expert and professional enough in their approach for me to feel safe enough in their hands until I met Dr Marcells.

I found out about Dr Marcells from my GP whose opinion id asked after feeling at a loss about my search the perfect surgeon. Dr Marcells is known within the industry as the 'king of rhino' - a true professional. After meeting George (Marcells) I realised he was a few things about him 1) he was 100% the man for he job 2) he is very to the point and confident in his approach 3) he is not the kind of man who will spend hours talking you off the ledge. Now, I am a very anxious person and having a nose job was a MASSIVE deal for me, so I needed reassurance - if I could feedback honestly to Dr Marcells it would be to say he probably does needs to spend more time reassuring the anxious folk like me, but that's the only negative thing I have to say about the man.

The whole process was unbelievably pain free and see less - the staff at the hospital were lovely and kind and made me feel like I was in safe hands.

I came round from the surgery feeling sleepy and swollen - but in absolutely no pain - so strange?

I was at home for the next few weeks resting and looking after myself - and after two weeks my cast was removed. It's such a weird experience because when it's removed and you look in the mirror, you can see an immediate difference but in the same breath you can't really SEE your nose. It's a very odd feeling. I wasn't at all worried but knew that my nose would continue to change and that I needed to be patient.

After 3 months I did have a little panicking about a small bump and the fact that my tip felt large - but after 5 months my nose had changed again and was perfect. Please don't believe people when the say "at the 3 month mark the swelling should be gone". That is not always the case - it wasn't with mine and it threw me into a bit of a frenzy reading that after 12 weeks my nose should be perfect. One piece of advice is offer is to wait until 6 months before worrying.

The result: honestly, I'm so thrilled. I adore my new nose and it's such a relief to never think about it anymore. Photos side on? Come at me. I can't believe I waiting until age 32 to do it - that said, I may not have have been introduced to Dr Marcells and I'd rather wait 32 years over to have him do the job. He's seriously the best. I'd recommend him over and over.
Sydney Facial Plastic Surgeon