32 Year Old, 2 Kids Tummy Tuck with Liposuction and Breast Augmentation the Mummy Makeover - Sydney, AU

During pregnancy for my 2 beautiful children I...

During pregnancy for my 2 beautiful children I gained a massive 30kgs each time, which left me with an unsightly stomach and flat breasts. I did not have many stretch marks but excess skin and fat stores that I could not shake. After my 2nd child was 2 I dieted hard and attempted to work on my core muscles for 12months in the hope that I could fix my stomach. Well it never changed it just stayed as this ugly mass. My children would often play with it and squish it together saying "look mum its a doughnut" making me feel great. I didn't want my husband to see me naked anymore and if he touched my stomach I totally freaked out.

After some careful research on doctors in my state I choose to go with Dr Naveen Somia. His bedside manor is amazing, my first consultation was rather confronting in regards to myself standing there pointing out my flaws, but Dr Somia made me feel so comfortable and spent an ample amount of time ensuring I knew all I could about the tummy tuck and breast augmentation I was thinking of. I came away from the appointment feeling confident that all my questions had been answered sufficiently and that I would be more than happy to go with Dr Somia.

I saw Dr Somia once more before my surgery date where once again he made sure I was aware of all possible outcomes and what I was in for.

On the day of my surgery I was so nervous but excited at the same time. Dr Somia again relaxed me by reiterating all that was going to happen. Unfortunately my body didn't take to well to the anaesthetic, I was quite ill after the surgery for 48 hours with severe vomiting and unable to tolerate any pain relief. The pain of vomiting after tummy tuck surgery I have to say was excruciating, something I wouldn't necessarily want to do again. But it did pass and on day 3 I started to feel a little better and was able to mobilise. from there on the hospital stay was ok, I was able to move ok on my own, the drains came out on day 4 with little pain and on day 5 I got to see my wonderfully full boobs, the extent of the scar and bruising from the liposuction. After seeing the bruising from the liposuction this made sense as to why I was having a lot of pain on my sides. Let me tell you putting the compression garment on before coming home from hospital brought me to tears, the pain on the bruising was unbelievable.

When I got to day 5 and went home from hospital this was when I stopped regretting that I had done the surgery and started feeling happy about doing the surgery. I am now 3 weeks post op and feeling pretty good. I do still have pain and am uncomfortable especially of an evening but it is bearable I don't need any pain relief.

Looking down at myself in the shower I am already happy with the results however there is still a few months to go before I am looking at the final results.

Before and after photos

These are my before, 1 week then 4 weeks post op photos, I am now almost at six weeks and will add more very soon. Have never been happier with my body!

8 weeks post tummy tuck and breast aug

I am so happy now. First try of my new body in a swimming costume. My life has changed so much I am happier and so more confident.

12 months post op. happy & confident

Could Not Be Happier

So here I am 2 years post surgery and am fitter, healthier and happier than I have ever been.

I now train hard 5 days a week and have ab muscles that are defined.

My surgery changed my life!!!
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Dr Naveen Somia has amazing bedside manor. His approach and warm attitude makes all of your interactions with him easy going and informative. I would not hesitate in sending any of my family or friends to see Dr Somia. He clearly cares for his patients and works with them to ensure they can try to achieve the best surgical outcome. His office staff are also very courteous and responsive.