I have been battling melasma - Fraxel for Melasma - Switzerland

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I have been battling melasma, which I think is...

I have been battling melasma, which I think is epidermal as it responds well to treatment, for 1.5 years now. It was brought on by taking Yasmin birth control pills, which I was on to clear minor acne. I have it on my forehead, cheeks and upper lip. Wonderful! I am often outside in the sun, and therefore, my melasma often returns.

I have had great success with IPL and Triluma, although Triluma causes broken capillaries with me and I only used it for 2 weeks. Meladerm did not work at all!

Below is a picture of my forehead before and after 2 Fraxel restore treatments, set on low (ie treatment level 7). I just had one more and think I will stop now after three. The pigment faded significantly and I can easily cover up the rest with makeup. I only did my forehead as I wanted to “test the laser” and will likely do the rest of my face. I have also stopped taking OC pills, so I hope this time it will not return. What does everyone think?

No more lasers!

I completely stay away from Ipl and lasers now. Melasma cannot be cured, but it can be managed. I was looking for a quick fix with the lasers, but it actually just caused more pigmentation to pop up in other places! Now I manage and keep my melasma in check using a combination of Rodan and Fields products. See my before and afters. I'm happy to share info if anyone is interested.
Laser Center Zurich