50 Year Old Looking for a Jumpstart to Healthier Life - Mobile, AL

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am looking to jumpstart my healthy life. I am...

I am looking to jumpstart my healthy life. I am 50. I started life as a thin young girl. After using fertility drugs in my 20s began to have weight problems. I recently lost over 30 lbs a year ago, but then got hit with some serious life problems which knocked me off my path to a healthier me. I am now the heaviest I have ever been weighing in at 254lbs at 5'9. I didn't want anything permanent or to be cut up with major surgery. I am praying that Obrera is the answer.

Let the Prep Begin!

Started my prep today. Dr. Has me taking 2 omeprazoles a day for 14 days prior to procedure. I am getting anxious a little.

It has Begun

Procedure was this morning. I am okay. No nausea yet, nor pain.

Day 2

Woke up feeling drained but no nausea or pain. Had my spark. Just resting today. Last night was okay, but had a little bit difficulty sleeping on right side.

Day 3

Day 3 I have more energy. Still no nausea or severe pain. There has been a slight ache in the belly area, but nothing as bad as menstrual cramps. In fact no where near the discomfort caused from having a period. Although I feel like I could tolerate full liquids going to stick with the required diet of clear liquids. So far down 2 lbs on my scale.

Day 4

Well I have made it through Day 4. Added protein shake and cream soups to diet. No nausea, no cramp. However, I am burping like crazy. So far, so good.

Christmas Day 2016

I have lost 9 lbs. still no ill effects. Had a great time with family.

50 Year Old Getting Healthy

I decided to do this procedure because it was time to jumpstart my weight loss and get healthy. I am 10 days out from procedure and 9 lbs down. No complications, no side effects. I feel great. My doctor hooked me up with great pre procedure info and meds, which I haven't even needed. If you follow the guidelines you should be fine.
Dr. Dusty Smith

dr. smith took the time to tell me all the possible bad things that could happen, cramping, throwing up, diarrhea, etc. She made sure I was prepared with meds beforehand. Turned out didn't need anything but the Prilosec.