40 & Ready to Be Fit As Well As Fab - Summerville, SC

I am looking forward to be a healthier me. I have...

I am looking forward to be a healthier me. I have been overweight my entire life and my goal is to be a weight that my body can manage.
I started this process on June 8, 2014 weighing in at 371lbs which is not my all time highest weight which was 491. I have tried all the weight loss programs and decided that this was my year of change. Doc and his staff has assisted me in every step since the day i walked in the office. I follow the no BRPPS lifestyle which is no bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, starch or surgar. This has been a major adjustment but through dedication and hard work i have lost 28 lbs in three months. Completed my first 5k walk and have a surgery date of September 30.

Less than a week to go

This has been exciting, nervous and very painful few days. First, I completed a 5K on sunday and then had a IVC filter placed in my leg to prevent blood clotting since I have a blood clotting disorder. Packed my bag for hospital and purchased all my post op liquids. Nerves are starting to set in but I am ready for this change. I will upload some photos later

some pics

One Week Out

Well it has been a week already and I am still on my post op liquid diet. Getting the proteins in are very difficult at this stage because the ones I liked I no longer enjoy. Third protein shake and still nauseous. Surgery went very well, but the pain meds before and after surgery made me very sick once that wore off I was up and walking. Surgery was Tuesday and I went home on Thursday with no pain medication at all. Energy level has been very low but improving every day. Two week post op visit next week. The morning of the surgery I weighed in at 338 down 7lbs in a week. So, I am looking forward to seeing what the scales will read. Overall, I am pleased with the process from the beginning all the way to the hospital staff.

Busy time in my life

Good evening ... it's been 7 weeks since I started this journey and I am still getting used to my new beginning. The soft food two weeks were full of ups and downs, some of the food I was used to eating my stomach no longer liked. So, this has been an adjustment and learning to not drink so fast has become a task but, my body let's me know if I treated it unfair. The best news of all is I am done from a 28/30 in pants to a 26 and a 30/32 shirt to a 22/24 in 7 weeks. I have lost 41lbs and I will be leaving the 300's in a few weeks. I walk 2.0 to 3.0 miles a day and my energy is great. Doc said I am doing well but because I am no longer hungry I must remember to eat. This is the best decision that I have made for my life.

A change has come

This has been the greatest decision of my life. I am no longer on several medications just my blood thinners and omprezole. As of December 22, I weigh 296lbs that is 42lbs from the day of surgery and a grand total of 108lbs since January 2014. I am officially in 200 land. I have identified my head hunger from real need to fuel my body. Working out to tighten all this loose skin and walking 5-7miles a day. Eating is much better but my taste buds have changed so much. Foods I tolerated before do not agree with my new stomach. So sometimes its chicken for breakfast or egg for dinner.

Almost One year out

This has been quite the journey. My one your is fast approaching and this has been a wonderful journey. I have lost a total of 155lbs through dedication and hardwork. I walk a minimum of 15,000 steps a day, work out in the gym and eat properly daily. I have not reached my goal weight of 170lbs. I am 70lbs away from my goal and looking forward to a healthier and better me. My physician has been constant in this journey and a support system. Looking forward to reaching goal.
Dr. McDevitt

The entire staff at CCBC is amazing from nurse Nicole, Jane, Megan and Doc. They care so much for the patients and you really become family.