Tattoo Excision - Sugarland, TX

I got a tattoo a couple of years ago, and I wasn't...

I got a tattoo a couple of years ago, and I wasn't happy with the font/thickness of text. I wanted something dainty and small. While the tattoo was small, it was not dainty. It was also on a very visible part of my arm on the outside of my forearm. Getting a professional job, and general insecurities are what lead to consider excision. I avoided laser removal for 2 reasons. 1, it is timely (takes over a year to remove completely) and 2, it is more expensive and still leaves you with a scar. So here is my arm before, and immediately following surgery. As well as a photo of what it looks like today (~1 week post-op)

16 days post-op & happy!

So it's been 16 days since surgery and the healing process is going well. The scar is much shorter than I was originally thinking it would be (just based off of other peoples experiences) and it is healing nicely. I had steri strips on my arm that I was supposed to keep on for 3 weeks, but I caved and took them off today because they looked gross and were peeling. I immediately replaced them with new steri strips per doctors request in order to minimize my scar "stretching" and getting wide. I forgot to take a picture of it with no steri strips on unfortunately but here are a couple pictures of what it looks like today!

Steri strips off!

Finally took my steri strips off! Here is my scar 22 days post-op. I am still 100% happy with my decision. Scars take a while to fade, but I would expect it to be nearly invisible in less than 6 months!

[PHOTO]: 22 days post-op

The picture somehow didn't load from my last post, so here it is!

Scar update!

I am 7 weeks post op and wanted to share a picture of my scar so far. I am still very happy with my decision and I think the scar is healing nicely! I am applying mederma daily to help the scar fade.
Texas Plastic Surgeon