Love my Uplifted Breasts!

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

About two years ago, I started to consider a...

About two years ago, I started to consider a breast lift. My breasts were always one of my favorite assets; however, after nursing for 2 years, I was uncomfortable without a bra. I continued to wear a sleep bra and couldn't wear anything that required a strapless bra. My breasts were never perky, but that was ok.

After a lot of research on Real Self and other avenues, I found Dr. Gary Horndeski. I live in Houston, so he happened to be local, too.

I told myself that if I lost 25 pounds and kept it off for 18 months, I would make an appointment to see Dr. Horndeski. The 18 months came and went. I never thought of myself as some one who would get plastic surgery and worried how to explain this decision to my 9 year old daughter - I've been very conscious of being positive about both my and her body image.

At 44 years old, I decided that I either needed to do the procedure or stop thinking about it. After meeting with Dr. Horndeski, I decided to schedule the surgery.

I got home and freaked out! I called to cancel the surgery and his office said to take the weekend. I decided to go forward with it, then freaked out again. Ultimately, about 10 days ago, I had the procedure.

I went to Lake Jackson for the procedure and could not have been happier with the staff. The woman who checked me in was very, very good at her job, and calmed me down. She explained that she had a breast lift and a tummy tuck (with a different doctor) and was still pleased.

I had the procedure the Friday before Memorial Day, and Dr. Horndeski met me at his office on Sunday, where he removed the drain. It hurt to have the drains removed, but I was glad to get rid of them so quickly. I also decided to stop all muscle relaxer/pain killer because it was making me flighty and a little high (a feeling I do not want). Dr. Horndeski told me that the fastest way to recovery was to stop the medications, drink plenty of water, not lift anything, and start walking around.

I was miserable Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday because I couldn't do very much. I own my own business, and am constantly wanting to accomplish goals. I did not know how long I would be out, and that frustrated me. Here I am, though, only 10 days out of surgery and back to doing almost everything I did before.

I love the results. Wow.

Dr. Horndeski is a no-nonsense, very talented and focused doctor. I am used to working with engineers and doctors, so I appreciate his manner. He is not the least bit cold, but he is not warm and fuzzy either. I liked this, but for those who are looking for something else, look no further than his employees who are very caring and warm.