Lip Lift My Final Surgical Journey - Sugar Land, TX

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Just consulted with and booked a Lip Lift...

Just consulted with and booked a Lip Lift procedure with Dr. Horndeski. I have read many of the Real Self stories and really love most of the results. As you can see my philtrum is 2 cm long! I am really unhappy with this part of my face. He talked about taking 4 to 6 mm with the Bullhorn type lift but will have to evaluate me in person. I am scheduled for Thursday, August 20th. I really hope this works out.

More Before Pictures

A few more pics as requested.

Getting Nervous with so many mixed reviews :(

After all the positive and negative reviews I am getting really nervous and confused about whether to proceed with the lip lift. I I don't want ripples or big scars as some have complained of. Any feedback whether personal or public is greatly appreciated.

Must Read Article for all Lip Lift Patients

Thanks to anon 101010 I read a very informative article by her plastic surgeon which applies to all of us who are recovering or scheduled to have a lip lift. I'm not sure if I can share the link directly but it is on Dr. Hayworth's website and titled "Trials, Trade-offs, and Tribulations of Upper lift lips and other plastic Surgery" He eloquently puts everything in perspective.

Drawings and One Day Post

Sorry so late! I had trouble with my flight yesterday due to extreme weather so didn't arrive at Dr. H's til after 5. But Dr. H was ready to go! He made his drawings and we talked for a bit. I found him very smart, nice and professional. He again explained to me to go more than 6 mm is to risk a stretch mark on the scar. When skin stretches from too much tension on the stitches it is not good and no one would want that. As expected the local anesthesia really hurts. It was done on each side of the nose. It is worth the temporary pain as the alternative is much more expensive. The whole procedure took about 30-40 minutes. When all was complete I headed to the hotel about 6:30 pm. An hour or so later the pain and throbbing began. It is bearable but hard to sleep. Make sure you take your pain meds! I was up super early the next morning to catch a 7:00 am flight. Finally posting now as I had a long drive home and took a much needed nap! He took 5-6 mm off and so far so good but right now I look like Marge Simpson from the swelling :) I know this will calm down but for now I look a little unsightly. As promised however I wanted to post some pics! Here they are!

Day 2 Post Op

Extreme Swelling! Hope this is at its peak!

Day 3 Post Op

The swelling in my lip is much better today. No change in my nose however. It looks quite wide and flared to me! Ugh! Oh well I will be patient. :)

3 Week Update- No makeup !

Finally getting an update! I get sooo busy with my job everything else ends up falling by the wayside. Attached are pictures before makeup. I must say it is so hard to look at my face so closely. I see so many imperfections :(. Anyway I wanted to show how my incision is healing and the difference in my before and after. Like most of us I might want more taken off but I haven't decided. I might just need a touch of filler in my lips to get the best look. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

One Month Post

Hi All! Here are one month post pics! I'm sorry the quality of the photos are poor but I took these today on my way home from work. I work in the medical field and usually have my hair pulled back with very minimal makeup. Not super flattering but at least you can see my lip improvement! I originally measured 20mm from columella to top of lip. Now I'm at 15 mm. I see improvement but am thinking of a second procedure in the coming months. I looove Corrine's 2nd lift results! What do you experts think out there? I do value your opinions.

5 Month Update!

Just thought I'd share a pic from the holidays with my daughter! I am smiling here but hopefully you can see I'm pretty happy with the lip lift :)

I really enjoyed Dr. Horndeski. He was very nice, informative and helpful. I liked his staff as well. The whole office operates in a positive manner and will do whatever they can to make you comfortable. I have nothing but good things to say about this office.