MiraDry - Sugar Land, TX

I had the miraDry procedure done exactly one month...

I had the miraDry procedure done exactly one month ago today. I was given information about it from my ps and decided to give it a try. So upon hearing about the great benefits of not having to sweat under my arms and the possibility of hair loss there I was still a little skeptical. So I went in June 8th to have the procedure performed. So the prepping part was probably the most tedious, but not bad at all. Once the marks were made to my underarms the numbing process began. This involved multiple injections of a saline type solution followed by a numbing meds and it works. My underarms were completely numb and ready to start the procedure. The tool used looks similar to a hair dryer and in simple terms, it heats and cools the sweat glands when applied. While on the skin the only thing I felt was a small vacuum feeling but absolutely no pain. Overall, the procedure took around one and a half hour to complete and I was on my way. Of course a couple hours later the feelings in my arm pits began to return and that's when I first felt a little uneasy. I won't say "painful" but more of a razor burn feeling. Like I shaved wrong or something. There was a lot of swelling due to the injected solutions and the actual process. I applied ice packs as directed and it was like heaven! It eased the burning sensation almost instantly and also helped with swelling. The burning only lasted for that initial day and when I woke up the next day it was completely gone, but I was still swollen. Swelling decreased gradually over the next 2-3 weeks. Now, does it work? So far I'd have to say yes! As for perspiration , about 90% eliminated. I barely feel any wetness in my arm pits. And the little that I do feel is on the very outer area which I believe was not a part of the procedure. But I've literally gone weeks without having to wear deodorant! No sweat stains and no odor. So was this procedure worth it..YES! I'd recommend anyone to try it. I've researched it price wise and I believe 1900 was a steal .
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Amazing doctors and staff! I always feel at ease when I'm here.