31 Y/O Gym Rat That Has Wanted This for 20 Years! Sudbury, ON

When I was in 5th grade during my swimming...

When I was in 5th grade during my swimming lessons, a girl in the changeroom pointed me out and said, disgusted "eww what's wrong with your privates? Are you a boy?"

All because I had inner labia which stuck out around an inch from my outer labia, something most 9-10 year olds don't think about.

I had no idea that what my vulva looked like wasn't considered aesthetically pleasing, but it became very evident by the time grade 7 rolled around. Over-head after over-head image of very small, very minimal vulva diagrams in sexual education class made me uncomfortable. Even worse was when boys made comments about other girls using descriptions like meat curtains, mud flaps or roast beef.

I wasn't sexually intimate with anyone until I was 19, and it was one time until 21. The first time, after we broke up, I heard those nicknames being thrown around about me. Nevermind that the guy was a 10 second wonder because I "felt insane".

Before I even knew what labiaplasty was, I wanted one. I remember locking myself in the bathroom with one of my grandmas Sword razor blades and a bottle of Oragel thinking I was just going to do it. I didn't.

UNTIL TODAY! 21 years after that swimming class incident. I researched for a long time and found Dr. Barr, drove 7 hours in a snow storm for my consult and here I am today, 18 days later.

Everyone at Barr Plastic Surgery is SO nice, compassionate, and not afraid to make some jokes. The operating room was lively with banter while I was highly medicated, and I didn't feel a single thing after the initial neuroleptic needles. Dr. Barr reminds me of an OG 80's surfer guy, very friendly face and easy going.

I'm back home now, got my T3 script and antibiotics and a gel ice pack on my bits. All is well so far! No pain, swelling has been kept down with the gel pack.

Will update tomorrow!
Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

Carin and Debbie who coordinated my surgery long distance were incredibly responsive and helpful the whole process. The wait time from scheduling my consult to surgery was less than a month, which is phenomenal! Dr. Barr, the anesthesiologist and all the nurses were upbeat, friendly and reassuring. The OR was a comfortable and actually enjoyable place to be. They accepted payment in cash from me which was essential, but they also do Interac Email for Canadian patients!