Face and Neck Lift for a Florida Snowbird...- Stuart, FL

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I have been following others on this site and have...

I have been following others on this site and have found it most helpful. I appreciate all of the advise and shared experiences of those who have and are going through this too.

I have posted most of this before but will repeat some of it here.
I am 61 and will celebrate my 62nd birthday on my 1 month follow up. My birthday present to myself:) I have always taken care of my skin so I have few wrinkles but about 5 years ago I noticed my face was falling and landing in my neck Lol. My good friend had a lower face lift about a year ago so I decided to do the same. I went for an initial consultation last Oct and finally decided about a month ago to go through with it. I read many posts and realized how scary and risky of a procedure it is. Nearly called to cancel a few days before but didn't.

I think I was,and still am, most concerned with how I will heal and not with the surgery its self.

On Monday I had a lower face and neck lift. It was in my PS office using a local and valium. I never did fall asleep but felt no pain or anxiety whatsoever. I know this must sound scary to some of you but rest assure my pain tolerance is not exceptional.

I was home by early afternoon and had a light lunch and watched TV.
Prior to my surgery I took Arnica and ate lots of pineapple as well as a generally good diet with lots of water.

On day two and three my face swelled and tightened, especially my neck and on the sides of my face. My neck is badly bruised (that purple collar we talk about) but my face is not (perhaps the arnica helped) or maybe it wi show up later. I iced and iced and will continue to do this since it feels good and I think it helps the swelling.

Today is day 5 and I am about the same as yesterday swollen, tight and my face does not feel like my face yet

I am so far VERY pleased with my results and progress. My incisions are barely even noticeable and stitched will not be removed until Monday. I have had really no pain just a little discomfort I would say.

I think I knew a lot going into this because of all if your wonderful, detailed posts. So thank you all. I will continue to share my progress. Let me also note that my husband is very supportive and has been taking good care of me. Recovery on my Fl home is great the weather is beautiful and I can sit out on my Lani. In May I will return to NJ and surprise my family. Did I mention that I am a Snowbird...

If Sunday was a difficult day, today was a good...

If Sunday was a difficult day, today was a good one. I woke up rested and saw that some of my bruising had lightened quite a bit. I had an early appointment to have my stitches removed. I was happy to have some place to go and was really looking forward to this next step in the process of recovery. My husband drove me since I am still having a problem turning my neck more than 45 degrees though that is getting better too. My PS removed all my stitches and stapels (glad to have those gone). He check me over and gave me a good report! I can sleep in my bed now how great to leave the sanctuary of my recliner which has gotten very old the past few nights. I will return to see him in two weeks. I asked when they take the "after pics" 3 months was the answer, so that tells us all something about our recovery. A week from now I can walk for exercise and one month from my surgery my doctor said I can do ANYTHING I want. But the results will not be what they will be for 3 months.
After my appointment my hubby took me to lunch, my first outing since my surgery a week before. It was great to be out but I did watch peoples faces as they looked at me and wondered if it was obvious that I had just had a FL. I am really not sure...
I don't think that I mentioned that when I return to NJ on May 8, I have a 92 year old mother, and two daughters ages 30 and 33 and NO ONE there knows anything about my surgery.. How interesting it will be so see their reactions...
It is now Tuesday morning, day 9, and I am still feeling pretty good. Bruising continues to lessen but my face is still very tight but does not really look swollen. I cant wait to put on some makeup...

On a completely different subject, my heart goes out to all of the victims of the Boston Bombing. When I returned home yesterday it came on the TV and I immediately texted my other daughter who lives near Boston. She was on her way home from the race with her two children and a friend and her children. They had left less than an hour before the bomb went off. I am so sad to see how many are hurt ..things like this put our little problems into perspective. Wishing you all a good day!

It has been several days since my last post but I...

It has been several days since my last post but I wanted to provide an update on my recovery. As we all here seem to agree upon is the process is a slow one. I see little difference in the last few days, still very tight and slightly bruised. I think the numbness on the sides of my cheeks and under my chin is starting to get to me. I have had momements when I think perhaps I will never have normal feeling back in my face but then I know that it is not even two weeks from my surgery. I am more comfortable sleeping and can actually sleep on my right ear though the left ear continues to be very sore.

I had a lymphaderma massage on Tuesday and found it to be very relaxing and soothing to my tight skin. Again, the fact that I could only feel less than half of my face was really freeky. I am wondering when and how feeling returns..hoping that it will.

On the positive side I have been out and had my Big Reveal with friends yesterday. Everyone said they thought that I looked great and they seemed surprised that my incisions were already almost invisible. Of course these are my friends...soo you know of course they would be complimenary lol:]
Overall I am happy with my results thus far and generally with my recovery. It is quite a process as many here have already said, an important aspect if you are scheduling this surgery before an important event or need to return to work in a short time.
Thank you all for your support. I have learned much from all of you and will continue to follow your stories and support those who are just beginning this process.
Name not provided

My good friend recommended him after having the same procedure 1year ago. She looks great!

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful