Still Swollen Yet Already Loving my Lipo! - Stuart, FL

My 'gobbler' double chin runs in my family. You...

My 'gobbler' double chin runs in my family. You look at any woman in the family - young or old - and we all have it. I always hated it and knew it made me look older than I actually am. I have a slim body and if you only looked at my face you would think I was about 20 pounds heavier. I was nervous to undergo liposuction but knew it would be worth it.

I've had every non-invasive treatment done to my body and to my chin. Some things helped a little but I was ready to go full-scale and change what nature gave me. Dr. Adler did standard tumescent lipo to my neck and chin. For contouring he actually lipo'd all the way back to my ears. I was awake through the operation - he only did local anesthesia (and PS - it's just a tiny needle for numbing and it doesn't hurt at all [if you have had Botox or fillers this needle is like soda pop, easy stuff]).
I also took Valium and Oxycodone one hour before my appointment. The procedure itself took less than 15 minutes - it was super simple. It was painless and absolutely worth the price and results.

I'm almost two weeks out now and still swollen - I saw Dr. Adler for my post-op last week and he told me I still have about 40% swelling and to get excited because my final results will be even better.

Day 1 post-op (the morning after my surgery) he took my bandages off and my chin looked amazing. In the days since that is when the swelling has occurred. I've know that week 6 is the best time to see the final results.

In case you were wondering if recovery is painful...

I just wanted to add that recovery, at least for me, wasn't painful at all. They gave my hydrocodone and I took it for about 2 days following the surgery and then I stopped.

Today is week 2 and I still have a little swelling but already can see a huge difference from where my chin used to be. I definitely go through times where it feels numb but I know that's normal. My neck is tender but that doesn't bother me. I don't have any bumpiness or hard spots.

Day 1 Post-Op Photo

Here's what my results looked like on Day 1. The swelling started on Day 2. So excited with the results!

Week 3

Swelling is going down a little day by day. Half way to the 6 week post op!

Week 5

I hit Week 5 today. Loving it. Lots of noticeable change. When I look in the mirror I even notice my chin looking slimmer at my jaw right under my ears.
I notice a little swelling after my workouts and I think my results are definitely most noticeable and look the best in the morning.
My husband has commented several times that my chin looks great. He likes that it's improved but that I 'still look like me'.

Week 8, Feeling great!!

I feel like the lipo under my chin has helped my entire face to look slimmer. No one who I haven't told has noticed 'hey you had lipo!!' but will often comment that I look 'good'. I also think I've been wearing less makeup lately - less contouring and things since I had the lipo.
Stuart Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Adler was kind and extremely helpful. He was patient with me (I can be a little high-maintenance, especially when I'm nervous) and answered all my questions. He did a very thorough job with my lipo and I can't wait to see the final result!