BRCA 2 Positive Preventative Double Mastectomy - Stuart FL

I chose to have the double mastectomy since I was...

I chose to have the double mastectomy since I was BRCA 2 positive and did not want to wait until I had a cancer diagnosis to deal with it. I preferred to be proactive instead of reactive. My experience was very good and much different than what I expected. I did a lot of research about the process prior to the surgery and was really expecting it to be a very difficult and extremely painful but I have been pleasantly surprised. My experience was much better than those I found doing my research. I was surprised at how quickly the healing process has been and how good I have felt so far. Due to having a breast reduction done back in 1982 I chose not to try and keep the nipples as they were already compromised from that surgery and the incision was different then most as it went along the previous surgery lines.

Filling up the Expanders

I have been twice now to Dr. Lipschitz office to add saline to the expanders. We have put in 100cc both times and it has been painless and as always everyone in the office is professional and knowledgeable. They have really made this process much easier.
Stuart Plastic Surgeon

I chose to have the double mastectomy since I was BRCA 2 positive. Dr. Lipschitz and his staff were wonderful. They have been very professional and take the time to answer all my questions. His work is very good. I am not finished with the process yet as we will begin filling the expanders in 3 weeks but so far I am more than pleased with the outcome. I will add more pictures as we work thought the rest of the process. I highly recommend Dr. Avron Lipschitz.