Labiaplasty - the Most Amazing Decision I Have Ever Made Thanks to Dr. Mark Epstein!!! - Stony Brook, NY

I saw Dr. Epstein for labia reduction surgery...

I saw Dr. Epstein for labia reduction surgery (labiaplasty) in May of 2014. I have suffered years of psychological pain due to the embarrassment and humiliation of having large (protruding) labia minora. Sex was completely unsatisfying and painful. My labia would get pushed into my vagina and the pain was unbearable. I would always cover my body up, even in front of my boyfriend of 4 years. I did not feel like a woman and it caused so much emotional pain that only a woman in a similar situation could ever understand. I spent years and countless hours searching online for doctors who not only did this surgery, but did it so it was undetectable after healing. Dr. Epstein was an absolute god send, and has truly changed my life. Dr. Epstein and his entire staff were all so professional and took me and my concerns very seriously. During my first consultation I even cried in his office because I was so overwhelmed with joy and excitement that I finally found someone to help me with something that I kept so private for so long. From my first surgery consultation to the post-op follow-up, the entire journey took only one month. It felt like a dream. When I woke up from surgery the recovery nurse fed me lunch and let me cry and laugh with no judgment passed. Within 3 days I was back to work with extremely little pain. I was so surprised how fast my body healed and how amazing the results looked from day one. I am writing this only to help any women out there suffering from a similar situation. You do not have to be embarrassed anymore…Dr. Epstein will change your life for the absolute better! My results are completely natural looking, my own gynecologist of 10 years told me he couldn't see any scars and was shocked how great I looked. I honestly feel like a new person and it has given me confidence to be the woman I am made to be. Sex is a whole new activity and I realized I had never really experienced an orgasm before having the surgery. I was emotionally and mentally incapable of being comfortable enough to reach a climax. After surgery I was so excited to go lingerie and bathing suit shopping to show off my new body. Nobody can understand how such a small part of your body can have such a huge impact on you except if you too are considering having labia reduction surgery. If me writing this review helps 1 person decide to go through with the surgery or 1 person schedule a visit with Dr. Epstein, it will be completely worth it. My results are beautiful. I now feel feminine, sexy, and confident. I did not think this level of love for my new labia could ever be reached, but Dr. Epstein exceeded my expectations and dreams beyond words can describe. The surgery was worth every penny and I have absolutely no regrets. I would do it 100 times over again if I had the chance. I only wish I had found Dr. Epstein sooner!
Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Epstein was extremely sensitive and attentive to my wants and needs from the very first consultation. I expressed to him my concerns with potential scarring or loss of sensation in such a sensitive area. He assured me that I would not lose any feeling where it mattered and showed me on my own body what he was going to do and what kind of results I could expect. He was gentle, compassionate, and really took the time to listen to what I had to say and my reasoning for having the surgery. I felt 100% comfortable exposing my self and in no way felt uncomfortable or embarrassed. He had a female nurse in the room with us at all times and was super professional. He took my case seriously, and the sense of confidence I had in him as a doctor and plastic surgeon was amazing. This was very emotional for me, and Dr. Epstein was so respectful of that. It was really a great experience that has changed my entire life!