24 Year Old, Laser Lipo, Hated Side Flanks - Sterling, VA

Got laser lipo done and it took a short amount of...

Got laser lipo done and it took a short amount of time because I am petite and not overweight. I wanted to lose the side flanks that didn't look good when I wore clothing.
Pros: TBD
Cons: minor pain to be expected
Outcome: TBD
Motivation: I am a fashionable person who enjoys wearing nice, fitted clothing. Getting rid of side flanks and becoming more contoured will give me complete body confidence that kickboxing, yoga, running half marathons, and spin classes could quite do for me.

before photos

How I look normally before any surgery

Day 8, 7 days after Laser Lipo operation

Posted photos from Day 2, 4, and 5

Day 8: Bruises are gone, not noticeable anymore. Went to Kickboxing class and spin class today. Kickboxing was NOT enjoyable because of the jumping up and down for high kicks, jumping jacks, and other movements directed towards working out your oblique muscles which only ended up causing me to have lots of aches/pains in my side flanks. On the other hand, spin class did not cause me any pain. Haven't gone running in 2 weeks though. I am scared to try running again tomorrow in case it is unbearably painful. Will continue to update.

From Days 1-5 I wore spanx. The only spanx I had were stockings and not as tight or form fitting as the normal spanx (from what my sister tells me), but they were all I had since I never wear spanx and didn't want to buy a pair just for the few days.

From Days 1-4 I did not exercise because the bruises hurt a lot and the only workouts I do require a lot of side fat jiggling/jumping around (i.e. kick boxing/running/cycling). I probably could have worked out if I wanted to, but had just finished a half marathon the 2 weekends before and was feeling pretty lazy.

Day 5: Went hiking, took off the 2 bandaids off my sutures. I thought they were ugly of course, but am grateful that the doctor placed the sutures strategically on my bikini tan line where it is right where I would wear my bikini bottoms. So - my bikini bottoms would cover these sutures. Not a big deal, really. Maybe I am too laid back or optimistic. We'll see. Found my corset after searching for it for days and switched to that for Days 5-6. Took a more laid back approach from Day 7 and will continue to do so moving forward (in other words - no more spanx, corset, easing back into working out).

Enjoy the photos. More to come.

One year since initial Op

It has been about a year since my initial appointment. Here are some recent photos! Overall, I am satisfied!!
Dr. Berman

Dr. Berman was an excellent communicator. Looking forward to sharing the results as the weeks and months go by!