Upper Eyelids 65+ Losing Peripheral Vision

Yesterday was the day. Felt totally comfortable...

Yesterday was the day. Felt totally comfortable with the surgeon when I met him. I was given all the precautions about expecting to look like I had been beat up. Following ice protocols and hoping for the best.

I had been considering this for a couple years for more cosmetic reasons but when my vision started to be restricted I felt it was time!

Have some photos to post but need to get them right side up.

Photos Day 1 and 2

More swelling than I expected but doc says it is normal.

48 hours out and worried

I have been texting the doctors office daily with photos of the swelling. Well I was told I would look like I had been beat up, I wasn't fully prepared. It seems as though the redness is extreme and the swelling below my eyes more than should be. Has anyone else experienced this phase to this degree?

Two more days before having to be out

So it is Saturday and the swelling seems a little bit less under my eyes, however, the distinct redness below is no better. Got to figure out how to camouflage before work on Monday.

Day 5 post

It appears that my concerns over the degree of redness were well founded. Apparently I am allergic to the Zythromyacin ointment that I was putting on the incision four times per day. Doc called the morning early, saw me right away and immediately changed the medicine. Hopefully in 24 hours I can come out of hiding.

Day 6

Less than 24 hours since ointment change. Not quite as promising as I had hoped but may try to go to my office today( with concealer under eyes.????

Day 12

There was discussion about dissolving sutures vs the ones that need to be removed. Decision made to go with dissolving. Regular ones would have been removed last week. I feel discouraged by how red the area still is and how visible the incision and the sutures are. They changed the ointment but that still doesn't seem to be making much difference.

Day 12 close up

May be clearer with these close ups

2 Weeks post

Still concerned about an area of the right eye that has a gaping hole; looks like it was missed in the stitches. Believe it or not, had to go yesterday for a different procedure, lipoma removed at hip. That surgeon suggested plain Vaseline, trying that.
Dr Wells Reinheimer