Office review: Staff rescinded my surgery because I scheduled a consult with his friend, Richmond, TX

Tummy Tuck

Angie0528, Richmond, TX

Doctor Review

27 Oct 2016
Updated

1 day ago

Office review: Staff rescinded my surgery because I scheduled a consult with his friend - Richmond, TX

In 2014, I had a procedure completed. The doctor is great. His problem is his office staff. Today, after speaking with Dr. Somayazula's office (shared office space but supposedly different offices), I received a call from Dr. Azul's employee Stephanie informing me that she would be cancelling my approved procedure because I had requested a consultation with Dr. Somayazula. This telephone call was within minutes of my speaking to Angela at the other office. Stephanie then said that these two doctors are "best buddies" and the other doctor wouldn't preform the surgery. HOW UNPROFESSIONAL. First, Angela with Dr. Somayazula's office violated my HIPPA rights by sharing my information. Second, Stephanie called to inform me that she was cancelling my procedure because of me requesting a consultation. If this is how this practice now operates, by acting like a spoiled child because I wanted to look around, I would be hesitant to get any additional services completed here. COMPLETELY unprofessional!