57 Yr. Old, 37 Yrs with Breast Implants, 7 Surgeries to Try and Correct, Now They Are Out! - Richmond, VA

I originally had breast implants when they had...

I originally had breast implants when they had just started using them. I had them leak, burst, and encapsulate. I went thru 7 surgeries in 20 years to try and fix the problem. My surgeon tried different implants, fat graphs and everything she could to fix them. Obviously, my body did not want the implants in my breast. I decided to get some other opinions. I was tired of having surgeries and continuing to have the same problem. At this point, I did not care about the size of my breast, I just wanted to be healthy and done with surgeries. So Eight days ago on June 1, I had the implants removed fat graphing performed to my breasts. This being surgery number 9 on my breasts. Hoping this will be my last surgery, I also added a nose tip rhinoplasy to the equation (something I always wanted to do but was too busy trying to fix my breasts).
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

After researching several doctors, getting opinions from other doctors and friends of mine, I narrowed it down to two doctors and scheduled consultations with them. It was not a hard decision. I know many women who have used Dr. Chen and have been very happy with his "artistry" as well as his demeanor. He is best know for his breast reconstruction and body sculpting. When I met Dr. Stephen Chen, he painted a realistic picture for me. He took time to really assess my problem, ask questions, and make suggestions. Taking the implants out and using fat graphing to fill my breasts was in his opinion, my best option. This seemed like a logical choice. Dr. Chen's office suggested eating pineapples and taking arnica to help with swelling and bruising. I followed those suggestions and I could not believe how little brusing and swelling I had. Dr. Chen lipoed my abdomen, upper and lower back, arms and upper thighs. I was off pain meds on day 3 and have been feeling incredibly good. I never had the first bruise on my face (from the tip rhinoplasty). I had bought make up to cover my facial bruises and never needed it! It will take 3 months to see how much fat will survive in my breasts and 9 months or so for my nose to end up where it will be. Today, 8 days after surgery, I couldn't be happier. My new, natural breasts are looking great and so is my nose! I wish I had taken some before pictures to show you the difference! Dr. Chen is definitely an "artist" and feel that any surgery he would recommend would be worth it! His work along with his professional yet warm manner makes him an exceptional doctor. My experience from day one with him would rate him as one of the top doctors I have ever seen!